ESPN Hires Aaron "F'ing" Boone As Baseball Analyst

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Another day....another ESPN hire. This time it's the bane of Red Sox fans everywhere, Aaron Boone. Boone officially retired today, and immediately following that announcement, signed with ESPN. Via the "Leader"....

Aaron Boone today formally announced his retirement from Major League Baseball after a 12-year career and his new role as an ESPN baseball analyst. Boone will mainly be seen on Baseball Tonight (debuting in March), in addition to select appearances as a game analyst. He worked for ESPN Radio as a guest analyst during the 2009 National League Division Series.

“It is with a sense of pride, sadness, and enthusiasm that I formally announce my retirement after 16 years of professional baseball,” Boone said. “It has been a privilege and honor to have played in the Major Leagues for 12 seasons for six different clubs.

“While it's tough to leave the game as a player, I am eager to start my next career with my new team at ESPN. I am very grateful that I'll be able to stay in the game as an ESPN analyst and work with people who share the same passion for baseball that I do. I really appreciate ESPN giving me the opportunity to evolve in the sport that I love.

“Finally, I'd like to express my thanks to everyone that treated me so well throughout my Major League career.”

Jay Levy, ESPN senior coordinating producer, said, “As a player, Aaron was a tremendous competitor known for one of baseball's most dramatic postseason walk-off home runs. He offers an important perspective, being recently removed from the game and having deep baseball roots, which will make him a great addition to our team.”
I caught a bit of Boone on the radio last year, and I have to say that he wasn't that bad. He obviously needs some time under his belt, but I think he might actually work out for them.

4 Comments:

Finally. ESPN hires a former Yankee

J.J. said...
Feb 23, 2010, 11:56:00 AM  

Finally. ESPN hires a former Yankee

J.J. said...
Feb 23, 2010, 11:57:00 AM  

All you have to do is make it through a sentence and he would already be better than Orestes and Eduardo Perez.

GMoney said...
Feb 23, 2010, 1:35:00 PM  

Congratulations! Its a surprise new and its an great opportunity.I respect your work, Thanks for sharing your blog.

Distance learning university

Parmer said...
Feb 24, 2010, 12:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment