Rich Gannon Thinks He's Crazy For Trying To Give Raiders Advice, So Do Raiders

Thursday, January 07, 2010


It's not really odd when former players are asked for their opinions when it comes to their old team, but when a former player (who is also a current analyst) offers it up himself and is turned down, it's news. It's especially news if the team that turned it down was the Raiders. Via USA Today....

Rich Gannon, the 2002 league MVP for the Oakland Raiders, is offering his help to his former team.

Gannon said on Sirius NFL Radio on Wednesday that he called Raiders owner Al Davis the previous day to offer whatever help he can to the organization.

"I did something yesterday that I can't believe even I did," Gannon said. "I picked up the phone and I reached out to Al Davis. So I called Mr. Davis, I have not spoken with him yet, but I'm happy to help out in any way I can. I'd love to help JaMarcus Russell (FSY) if he wants help. I'd love to help Tom Cable and that organization. It's important. Listen, seven straight seasons where they've lost 11 or more games? Something's not right."

Raiders senior executive John Herrera said Davis would not be accepting the offer and questioned why Gannon made it public.

"Maybe it's Rich that needs the help," Herrera said.
Ah yes. It's items like this that make it easier to be a Redskins fan. I mean they haven't had a winning season since Rich Gannon left, so you think someone may want to listen to him. But that would be too easy, wouldn't it?

Ex-MVP Rich Gannon offers aid to Raiders; team says he needs 'help' (USA Today)

Posted by Awful Announcing at 1:49 PM

3 Comments:

Exactly...GO SKINS!!!

GMoney said...
Jan 7, 2010, 4:05:00 PM  

Was Lee Corso drunk during the halftime show on ABC for last night's BCS Championship Game?

LL said...
Jan 8, 2010, 12:33:00 PM  

Was Lee Corso drunk during the halftime show on ABC for last night's BCS Championship Game?

LL said...
Jan 8, 2010, 12:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment