Erin Andrews "Loses It" When Seeing Predator In Person

Tuesday, December 15, 2009


I can't begin to imagine what it would be like to see someone who had violated me, in person, but that's just what Erin Andrews had to do yesterday. And according to a transcript that SbB pulled from TMZ, she admitted to "losing it" when seeing him....

“I wanted to go right in and get it over with. To see him (Barrett) face-to-face. The first couple minutes were very difficult. I lost it. My Dad was trying to help me keep it together. I looked at him a few times to see what his reaction was. Now that I’ve been thrust into this role, I want to the judge to see me and how emotional I was.

“I believe he should be classified as a sexual predator. I want him to stay in jail as long as possible. He’s a threat to all women. I dont want somone else’s career to be ruined like this. It wont come off the internet. Still to this day every time I check into a hotel room, I’m constantly looking around to see if he’s there. I wanted (today) to give the judge a sense of what he’s done.”

“People bring it up. They think it’s funny. I’m embarrassed and humiliated. I’m still scared to stay in hotels and my house.”
Andrews' lawyer went on to say that he and Erin are disappointed in the plea deal agreed upon for Barrett, and given the fact the Andrews was one of twelve (alleged) victims, I would have to agree. He is only going to be sentence on one count of stalking, will not have to register as a sex offender, and the maximum sentence it carries is 5 years. Hopefully EA can finally get closure, but I don't think justice has been served in this matter.

Erin Andrews Sees ‘Predator’ In Person: ‘I Lost It’ (Sports by Brooks)

Posted by Awful Announcing at 11:22 PM

8 Comments:

"I dont want somone else’s career to be ruined like this."

I think she's being a little over-dramatic. Her career hasn't been "ruined" at all by this.

Scott said...
Dec 16, 2009, 12:27:00 AM  

Her dad Steve still covers up his right hand when in public. He was born without one and has claw like hand that allows him to grab. I remember when he was an anchor/reporter in Maine you never saw his right hand. Then he was in the Portland Press Herald on day and there was his claw.

mandb97 said...
Dec 16, 2009, 1:34:00 AM  

I'm with you Scott - if anything, this has boosted her career. ESPN might be more apt to have her cover a certain area due to her exposure.

and AA, how can you have an opinion on his "victims" if they were only allegations.

Would you submit someone to the death penalty because you -think- they killed someone?

Unknown said...
Dec 16, 2009, 2:43:00 AM  

Did she really need to show up for this???

GMoney said...
Dec 16, 2009, 10:54:00 AM  

Why would he have to register as a sex offender? There was no sex involved.

I'm not condoning what this sleaze did at all, but it can be wrong and not rise to the level of a rape or molestation. You'd think that's what happened here from the way this woman talks.

Oh, and by the way, Erin, you harm your career as much as this fellow did when you state for the record that this has harmed your career.

Andrew said...
Dec 16, 2009, 8:10:00 PM  

set up! set up! fake! fake!

Benjamin said...
Dec 17, 2009, 11:19:00 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
Feb 10, 2010, 6:03:00 PM  

The ignorance that pretty much every one of these comments displays is disgusting. First of all, just because there isn't actual sex involved doesn't make this a crime that isn't sexual in nature, hence, he should be a sex offender, but I understand that concept may be a little complicated for you to grasp. Over-dramatic? She is a public figure who has been completely humiliated by a pervert who spied on her, and posted her nude on the internet... Yeaaaah, not that bad sir, it was fun for you to watch, right? You clearly don't know many women personally. Maybe it hasn't harmed her career as much as it could have, but trying to play the "she is upset for no reason" card is unbelievable. Why did I even spend time writing this to you slobs?

Unknown said...
Feb 10, 2010, 6:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment