Mike Golic Is A Hollywood Gossip Aficionado

Tuesday, October 06, 2009


Mike and Mike were at the Metrodome yesterday to film that cute Miller Lite commercial you saw last night and to do their radio show. The Star Tribune decided to interview the duo early in the morning, and not only did we learn that Greenberg wants to be in "Guys and Dolls", but that Golic likes the gossip mags....

Their boss, Scott Shapiro, ESPN radio program director and a Minnesotan who claims to have been reading this column since he was 5, kindly introduced me as the "mega popular gossip columnist," and I was aces with Golic.

"That means you read all the same magazines as I do," said the former NFL defensive lineman. "The last thing I heard now, the Khloe and Lamar Odom wedding didn't really go official because they are waiting for the pre-nup to be signed. ... Sounds like it's over [at Brangelina's]. A little bird tells me that Brad [Pitt] is off living on his own, getting back into that life again but still wants to be a dad to those kids [he's got with Angelina Jolie]."

Just as I wrapped my mind around how well I was bonding with Golic, he surprised me with this riff: "I tell you, the one that I'm really worried about -- Jennifer Aniston. What is going on with her? It's unbelievable. I'm starting to think that maybe it's more her than anybody else."

I think Aniston hops into bed too quickly, but I told Golic I thought she was a little needy. "There you go. I'm with you," Golic said. "Are you kidding me! I know all this stuff."
Well that's good to know, I guess. And here I was thinking that two radio hosts needed to know more about Sports than Broadway and the Kardashians. Shame on me.

ESPN's Mike Golic struts his Hollywood gossip stuff (Star Tribune)

Posted by Awful Announcing at 10:15 AM

2 Comments:

I HATE these two. Golic is a freaking joke these days. That Miller Lite spot with Dorsett was beyond horrendous. I'm surprised that Greenberg wasn't drinking a mojito.

GMoney said...
Oct 6, 2009, 11:08:00 AM  

"I'm surprised that Greenberg wasn't drinking a mojito."

Golic said Greenberg prefers Appletinis.

Actually, I think Golic would be great on E! or ET because his personality would be better than anything currently on the air. Think a younger, more masculine Pat O'Brien.

Greenberg is just a waste of space.

Michael said...
Oct 6, 2009, 1:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment