Roger Clemens Is On Kid Duty

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I thought about a title that highlighted the more exciting parts of the Roger Clemens interview today on Mike & Mike, but alas....there was nothing exciting about it. The only exciting part came in the first thirty seconds of the conversation when Roger was interrupted by his kids. Here's that, some audio and some quotes if you care....


"That’s exactly right. He’s never injected me with HGH or steroids. You know guys, let me just add to it. Common sense…our family has a history of heart conditions. My brother had a heart attack in his late 40’s, my step-dad died of a heart attack. I mean it would be suicidal for me to think about even taking any of these dangerous drugs. It goes against what I talk about to kids (when I have a chance to talk to kids) of all ages about it. It’s really disheartening. I don’t want to say I have to put my guard up more around people because I’m not that type of person…I’m an outgoing person.”

"I appreciate the time I have to come on and talk about this book and tell you my feelings about it. I think I’ve taken some criticism by not coming out at times, that’s another reason why it’s great having Gene aboard because I’ve always wanted to talk about it and tell people my feelings and my stance on it.”
I don't know why I thought that was going to be anything exciting. Clemens is the worst interview subject ever, but at least Mike and Mike asked the tough questions, which is something you can't often say about them. Too bad Roger didn't want to answer any of them.

Much Ado About Nothing, Clemens Speaks Without Saying Anything (Sports Radio Interviews)

Posted by Awful Announcing at 11:33 AM

6 Comments:

I'm still trying to figure out how using your STEP-dad to show a history of family heart conditions makes any sense at all...

Todd W. Smith said...
May 12, 2009, 12:21:00 PM  

Yeah this was pretty pointless but like you said Mike and Mike did a great job with their questions. Usually the show is kind of just a lot of laughs but they did well today. Good for them. As an aside if Clemens makes the Hall of Fame before Bert Bleleven it would be a shame. (I'm a bit biased being in MN and getting to see him eat worms)

Anonymous said...
May 12, 2009, 12:40:00 PM  

Rome is talking about how ridiculous the Step-Dad/Heart Disease comment is.

49er16 said...
May 12, 2009, 12:45:00 PM  

Don't you guys know that when you marry into someone's family, you automatically acquire their DNA???

GMoney said...
May 12, 2009, 1:29:00 PM  

Yeah, just like Marge Simpson!

Anonymous said...
May 12, 2009, 2:10:00 PM  

You missed (or at least didn't transcribe) the part where he said it was "impossible" for the stuff Macnamee (or was it Radomski?) says to be true, precluding anyone here from saying "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Passing up a chance for a Princess Bride reference? For shame!

Morgan Wick said...
May 12, 2009, 4:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment