NFL And Comcast Reach Deal

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ask and you shall receive. Just as I was posting the Comcast/ESPNU news, I learned that the NFL and Comcast have also reached an agreement. And get this....it was announced via Twitter....

The details have yet to be released, but as I mentioned in previous posts, the deal is expected to include both on demand content as well as the "Red Zone Channel". This is obviously a great day for all the parties involved, and certainly for NFL fans.

NFL V.P. of corporate communications, Brian McCarthy (Twitter)

Posted by Awful Announcing at 11:15 AM

3 Comments:

From what I'm reading, by August 1st the NFL Network will be removed from the digital sports tier package and head back to its original place as a digital basic channel. (Per ESPN)

Not that this sways me or anything, Comcast still sucks.

TJX said...
May 19, 2009, 11:21:00 AM  

Now come on, NFL, make nice with Time Warner next.

GMoney said...
May 19, 2009, 11:56:00 AM  

I'm hoping for the NFL to make nice with Cablevision but Cabelvision never makes nice with anyone so I've stopped holding my breath.

Anonymous said...
May 19, 2009, 1:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment