Erin Andrews Wants To Go On "Dancing With The Stars"

Thursday, May 28, 2009


Given that DWTS is an ABC show, and that EA is a huge draw in the 18-45 male demo, this actually seems like it could happen. Dan Steinberg interviewed her at the Scripps National Spelling Bee, and this is what the sideline reporter had to say....

"I want to do it, because I think I'd be good at it," Andrews said yesterday, over a lunch of a hamburger and chicken noodle soup in downtown D.C. (I had iced tea. Too many freebie cookies from the Scripps National Spelling Bee.)

"I want to do it very badly," she continued. "That's the big push."

She joked with DWTS host Tom Bergeron about earning a spot last year during the Spelling Bee telecast, which Bergeron hosts. She said she would ask again this year; ABC is broadcasting the Bee finals tonight, with sideline reporting from Andrews.

"I love the show, and I've grown up around dancing," said Andrews, who, of course, was on the Dazzlers dance team when at Florida. "People say, 'Oh, you're a dancer, how could you do it?' But I've never taken ballroom, I've never partnered dance with anyone. I think I'd be in the top, unless I fall. I'm a big faller. If you fall, that's a hard fall, which I'm sure would make the Internet very happy."
Well then. I might not be speaking for everyone, but on the behalf of bloggers I say....pleeeeease make this happen ABC!

Erin Andrews Returns to Spelling Bee, Says She Wants to be on 'Dancing With the Stars' (The Sporting Blog)

Posted by Awful Announcing at 10:47 AM

5 Comments:

I'd rather see Erin Andrews on Dancing with the Stars than Chris Berman.

walnuts said...
May 28, 2009, 11:34:00 AM  

EA might be the most famous "star" on that show yet. Nevermind, I forgot about the great Drew Lachey.

GMoney said...
May 28, 2009, 12:06:00 PM  

Do it for Johnny!!

questionmark said...
May 28, 2009, 12:31:00 PM  

Why not? I think Adriana Monsalve is much hotter but most American men prefer blondes so once again ESPN/ABC doesn't care what I think. Put on EA and give AM the shaft. I was actually beginning to kind of like this show.

Brad James said...
May 28, 2009, 1:28:00 PM  

Is it wrong that all I can think of is how funny it will be watching Erin getting interviewed each week by Samantha? $5 says Erin is the type of person who will correct Sam live on air.

Yeah the half naked thing isn't so bad either.

testing thing said...
May 28, 2009, 6:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment