Brace Yourself, Joe Buck's Talk Show Set For June 15th

Tuesday, May 05, 2009


It's been a good while since HBO announced Joe Buck would be replacing Bob Costas on his vacant talk show, and we now have a first air date, and a name for said show. According to Broadcasting & Cable, the quarterly program will be called "Joe Buck Live" and will be airing on June 15th. Oh and get this, the first episode will include a segment on bloggers!

New quarterly sports series Joe Buck Live is set to kick off June 15 at 9 p.m. EST on HBO. The show, produced by HBO Sports' Peabody and Emmy-winning production department, will include a live studio audience, interviews, panel discussions, and pre-recorded features.

The first episode explores sports and celebrity, delving into the 24-hour news cycle, bloggers, gossip columnists, sports talk radio, commercial endorsements, and today's multimillionaire superstar athletes.

"I am just going to be myself," Buck said of his new show. "We will cover serious topics, but we will also have a lot of fun. With the combination of live television, sports and entertainment, I am excited to see what happens. It's a new avenue for me and I am going to give it all I've got. I hope I am as funny as my mom says I am."
Great....just great. Not only do we have to deal with Buck himself, we have to deal with his first show being about a medium he knows nothing about. At least give the guy something he's knowlegable for his first airing. You know....fake moonings and Desperate Housewives.

‘Joe Buck Live' To Debut On HBO In Mid-June (Broadcasting & Cable)
Joe Buck's Talk Show Is Set To Air June 15th (With Leather)

Posted by Awful Announcing at 3:43 PM

9 Comments:

I kind of want to see if Tim McCarver is his Max Weinberg.

GMoney said...
May 5, 2009, 4:10:00 PM  

I've been preparing by watching old tapes of "The Magic Johnson Show" and "The Chevy Chase Show"

Joe Buck 4:22 PM May 5th

Faux Twitter said...
May 5, 2009, 4:26:00 PM  

You seem a little bitter, AA? You don't want another Buzz Bissinger moment?

49er16 said...
May 5, 2009, 5:04:00 PM  

I'm really glad I don't have HBO anymore.

UnHoly Diver said...
May 5, 2009, 10:54:00 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
May 5, 2009, 11:09:00 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
May 5, 2009, 11:10:00 PM  

joe buck is good, dorks

May 6, 2009, 12:19:00 AM  

It is a despicable act not to like Joe Buck...right BSMB?


Who knows, maybe Buck's show will be good. However, if I'm not mistaken, he hasn't really displayed much of a sense of humor to date. Am I wrong?

Faux Twitter said...
May 6, 2009, 11:24:00 AM  

Buck needs to have Dan Dierdorf for his first guest. Of course, the ceiling in the room better be pretty high so both of their egos can fit.

Brad James said...
May 6, 2009, 1:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment