Isiah Thomas Finally Address Alleged Suicide Attempt On Sports Center

Wednesday, April 15, 2009


Isiah Thomas conducted his first major interview with ESPN this afternoon, and the former Knicks coach talked about everything from his Golf game, to chatting with Bob Knight, to his desire to "build something from the ground up". But the best part of the interview was by far Chris McKendry springing questions on him about the sexual harassment lawsuit filed against him, and even his supposed suicide attempt. McKendry even flat out asked him if it was a suicide attempt, and Thomas couldn't say that it wasn't. Here's the clip....



Well that was certainly awkward, but great job by McKendry in asking the tough questions. I still find it out that he didn't address the suicide thing when it happened, but if the man says he wants to live, you have to take him on his word. Oh and as far as him coaching, I guess building something from the ground up is much easier if you haven't spent years destroying it. There is something to hiring a big name like Isiah coaching in the College game though. I'm sure some kids would attend on name recognition alone.

10 Comments:

Hmm, the level of care I have for finding out more about Isiiahaia's suicide attempt is just about jacksquat.

Man, ESPN is a class organization.

E Buzz said...
Apr 15, 2009, 3:13:00 PM  

If ESPN was really asking the tough questions, the first and only question would have been "Given your coaching track record, how long until the FIU program is completely underground?"

Alan said...
Apr 15, 2009, 3:41:00 PM  

If I was an FIU fan, I would be jacked that my program finally gave me what I wanted...a coach that tried to kill himself less than a year ago.

GMoney said...
Apr 15, 2009, 4:11:00 PM  

The question is, if Isiah fails at FIU, where does he go from there? A high school girls basketball coach in rural Indiana? While I don't think he will do that bad of a job, I am interested in the trainwreck potential that made him so compelling in NY.

walnuts said...
Apr 15, 2009, 4:12:00 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Apr 15, 2009, 5:45:00 PM  

LOL G.

E Buzz said...
Apr 16, 2009, 12:00:00 AM  

you mean Isiah Thompson, right?

questionmark said...
Apr 16, 2009, 12:21:00 AM  

Word has it that he tried like hell to get the Arizona job. The possibilities of that give me night terrors. I go to sleep at night thanking the basketball gods for Sean Miller.

Anonymous said...
Apr 16, 2009, 1:56:00 AM  

That's right question mark. Everyone knows the real Isaiah Thomas plays point guard for Washington and for all intents and purposes is a class act. Isiah Thompson spells his name wrong for one thing and is a scumbag who will put the FIU program in the ground faster than one can say "fastbreak."

Brad James said...
Apr 16, 2009, 1:30:00 PM  

Remember the outrage over Jim Calhoun being asked about his salary? The consensus seemed to be that it was too personal and inappropriate for the forum. And yet its ok to ask a coach whether he tried to kill himself? The retarded celebrity gossip part of my brain wants to find out the answer, but the rest of my brain is telling me it isn't any of my business. If this question about his suicide attempt was directed to almost any other coach, I'd be outraged and calling for McKendry to be fired. But because Thomas is a sexually harrassing screw-up, I looked past it. At least I caught myself.

Maximus said...
Apr 17, 2009, 5:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment