ESPN Surprisingly Takes "Blog Buzz" Criticism Well

Friday, April 17, 2009


So yesterday, I talked to a few people at ESPN about the whole "Blog Buzz" post and they mentioned that the segment is a work in progress, and that I should watch this morning. Well I did, and to my surprise, AA's post was featured at the beginning of the segment as part of a clarification on the "Buzz". Take a look....



Like I told those I talked to yesterday, I do think there is an opportunity there, but it's all in how they put it together. If they go with the approach that they used today, most blogs will appreciate the gesture and it will begin to mend some fences. If they use the segment as just another cross-promotional tool, then it will get blasted. It's really that easy. The fact that they commented on their own employee being in the Top Five, is already a step in the right direction.

I've always said that more information and opinions is a good thing, and this could certainly be an example of that. Thanks for the mention, and for starting to listen to some of the constructive criticism out there as well.

10 Comments:

Being mentioned on ESPN, I guess means that AA has "made it".

walnuts said...
Apr 17, 2009, 1:56:00 PM  

It's been mentioned before, but...

A blog post... about Blog Buzz having nothing to do with blogs... on Blog Buzz...

(head a splode)

Morgan Wick said...
Apr 17, 2009, 2:07:00 PM  

Hmmm ESPN just said things and did things that made sense to me. Interesting.

FightingPike said...
Apr 17, 2009, 2:13:00 PM  

Nice job AA, but I think I'm going to change my name from Shawn Kemp to AA Loves ESPN...and rant about how you will eventually become a shill for ESPN.

Now that AA has gotten a mention, I'm going to keep my eyes open for a scatalogical Money Shot quote on Blog Buzz in the near future!

Faux Twitter said...
Apr 17, 2009, 2:33:00 PM  

Since it got mentioned on ESPN...does that now mean AA is not "indie" enough to be part of Blog Buzz?

Sean OLeary said...
Apr 17, 2009, 2:37:00 PM  

shawn kemp, we all are, buddy!

GMoney said...
Apr 17, 2009, 4:15:00 PM  

Welp, you made it like The Big Lead, after TBL absolutely ass kissed the crap out of John Feinstein's smelly fat ass.

Don't let that weird cat Elliot teabag you AA, you probably are aware of corporate politics.

I'm sure ESPN's internal politics are some of the worst in the world.

E Buzz said...
Apr 17, 2009, 4:19:00 PM  

Once G$ (a.k.a. The Scat Man) gets a mention then it's time for the Blog Buzz Powers That Be to show some love to Shawn Kemp's Kids.

If for no other reason than there are simply a lot of little mouths to feed...

Faux Twitter said...
Apr 17, 2009, 5:28:00 PM  

One step closer to be ESPN ombudsman?

Al Micro said...
Apr 17, 2009, 6:24:00 PM  

Hey I saw this this morning, oddly enough I was actually on here.

The quote about John Madden starting with "Madden was the butt of... "

That's me from TheSportingTruth.com

So, I actually thought that was really cool.

Bob Cunningham is the name, check out my blog at www.2minutestomidnightgreen.com

Bob Cunningham said...
Apr 17, 2009, 7:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment