Bob Uecker Does Not Care For Your Twittering, Loves Miller Lite

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Right Field Bleachers, did Yeoman's work in getting hilarious audio from last night's Brewers' game, in which announcer Bob Uecker goes off on blogging and twittering for a good two minutes. Oh and he adds in that he drinks Miller Lite for breakfast....



Now that's funny....I don't care who you are. I'm with Ueck as far as Twitter goes. Actually, that and the beer for breakfast thing as well.

Uecker on Twitter (Right Field Bleachers)

Posted by Awful Announcing at 4:59 PM

6 Comments:

You would drink in the morning, too, if you were haunted by the ghost of Mr. Belvedere.

GMoney said...
Apr 30, 2009, 5:44:00 PM  

He shakes before his "first hit and first Miller Lite."

I wonder what he's taking hits of. Pot? Acid?

I don't know, but I do know that I would love to do any of the above with Ueck. That's sure to be fun.

Bazooka Jones said...
Apr 30, 2009, 6:14:00 PM  

I grew up listening to Uecker back in the 80's. The team sucked, but listening to Uke carry the broadcast through the crap games was priceless.

Unknown said...
Apr 30, 2009, 6:46:00 PM  

The networks covering MLB went with the wrong ex-catcher when they decided that McCarver had to be the main baseball analyst. It should have been Uecker.

Unknown said...
Apr 30, 2009, 11:02:00 PM  

Uecker is losing it a tad but he is still entertaining. When the team was reaaaaally bad my buddies and I figured out it seemed he picked about 12 topics a game to talk about. Usually one per half inning and then a few would last a bit longer and spill into the next inning.

FightingPike said...
May 1, 2009, 3:04:00 PM  

Not sure I understand your take on that audio, but thanks for wasting my time. Seemed like he just didn't know what Twitter was.

Anonymous said...
May 2, 2009, 4:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment