Brett Favre Thinks Brett Favre Would Be A Good Analyst

Monday, March 02, 2009


The Orlando Sentinel set up shop at ESPN The Weekend over the past two days, and the paper ended up scoring an interview with who could be ESPN's newest analyst. That person is Brett Lorenzo Favre, and the one thing Favre isn't lacking when it comes to the TV game is confidence....

Orlando Sentinel: Warren Sapp grew up a few miles from here. He parlayed a great football career into a great TV career. Even danced on TV. There's speculation that you're here for ESPN The Weekend because you're headed for a studio job there. What's next for you?

Brett Favre: I have no idea. I've heard the same rumors. To be totally honest with you, I've had people ask me about TV and ask me about coaching. I think I'd be a good coach, but I don't want to spend the time. I think I'd be pretty decent on TV. Would I look good in a suit and tie in a formal setting? I don't think that's appropriate for me. I don't. I think people would say, "That doesn't seem right." But I won't know unless I try ... I'm willing to listen.
I guess confidence is a good thing when it comes to live television, but I think it might be harder than Brett thinks. I guess we'll find out in a month or so.

Q&A with 'retired' NFL quarterback Brett Favre (Orlando Sentinel)

Posted by Awful Announcing at 1:44 PM

7 Comments:

Can you imagine if he replaced Jaws in the MNF booth? That wouldn't happen, but him and Kornheiser would make a bad situation even worse.

walnuts said...
Mar 2, 2009, 3:06:00 PM  

I can see his coaching drill now. Line the players up on a giant twister board. They can only use their feet as he spins the wheel and calls out a color. On the tenth spin throw the ball down field anyway you can.

testing thing said...
Mar 2, 2009, 3:12:00 PM  

Can you imagine if he replaced Jaws in the MNF booth?

Yes.....and I can also imagine me jumping off a 30-foot cliff upon learning of that news.

Justin F. said...
Mar 2, 2009, 3:21:00 PM  

How can he not know anything about rumors circulating about Brett Favre???

GMoney said...
Mar 2, 2009, 4:11:00 PM  

Does this mean he is retired?

49er16 said...
Mar 2, 2009, 4:17:00 PM  

Or worse yet, ESPN could form an unpressidented four-man booth with Jaws, Farve, Kornheiser, and Tirico on play-by-play. That's an SNL skit just waiting to happen and yet, I can't totally dismiss ESPN from doing it.

walnuts said...
Mar 2, 2009, 5:39:00 PM  

Brett Favre, "I'm not a shirt and tie guy, that's inappopriate for me." That's what hero worship does, it causes people to think they live by different standards. I guarantee that if Brett Favre were in Brandon Marshall's shoes, the NFL would let him off free. (as a Broncos fan, I hope Goodell does anyway).Everybody kisses his a-- and I'm sick of it. Screw you Brett.

Brad James said...
Mar 3, 2009, 1:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment