Bobby Knight Finally Swears On-Air

Wednesday, March 11, 2009


Man, it took long enough right? You would have that after two appearance or so last season, that the General would have let out a curse or two, but alas we had to wait until now. Knight was trying to link up with Mike and Mike this morning and after thinking he was cut of, had this to say. Via Fanhouse....

On Wednesday's Mike and Mike in the Morning, Knight called in (on the Subway hotline, as the sponsor-heavy show calls it) to talk some college basketball. Things were going fine until a moment during the show when Knight suddenly seemed to think he had been cut off and said, "Oh, s**t. I lost you."

With that, Knight hung up his phone, while co-host Mike Greenberg scrambled to try to get him back on topic, saying, "No, we got it. Bob Knight, we're still there, we hear you. Bob, do you hear us? I think Bob Knight may have just lost us there, so we'll try and get him back here. I was able to hear him."

So was everyone else.
Hilarious! I haven't heard the audio yet (trust me I'm looking), but I can just hear the panic in Greenberg's voice already. Too funny.

ESPN's Bob Knight Swears On The Air (Fanhouse)

4 Comments:

I could just see Greenberg's reaction now.

49er16 said...
Mar 11, 2009, 11:32:00 AM  

Hopefully, Knight will whip Greenberg.

GMoney said...
Mar 11, 2009, 11:51:00 AM  

The better question is did Greenberg give a contrite appologe for the General's foul language? It would have been great to see Knight cuss out Greenberg.

walnuts said...
Mar 11, 2009, 12:14:00 PM  

I saw this, surprisingly Grenny or Golic didn't really say anything or apologize. They just moved on as if nothing had happened.

Ted Hill said...
Mar 11, 2009, 1:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment