Billy Packer, Still Is Wacky As Ever

Thursday, March 12, 2009

I knew I spoke too soon yesterday, when I said that Billy Packer seemed to have graduated to a new level of analyst. While his spirits definitely seem better, and he seems to enjoy breaking down the game again, he still hasn't bought into this whole "technology" thing. Packer was on the "Best Damn Podcast" (ITunes link) yesterday, and not only did he admit to still not owning a computer, AND not knowing what Wikipedia is, but that he actually "hired a psychic to help find the weapons in the OJ Simpson murder case". I wish I was kidding....



Best Damn Podcast: "At the bottom of the page it has these random facts, the golf courses in reverse is one of them and then another one, it says you hired a psychic to find the murder weapon in the OJ Murder case."

Billy Packer: "That is correct....John Monte.

BDP: "And whatever happened?"

BP: "He found the weapons. And we uh...he claimed he found them. And so uh, we basically went to the LA Police Department, said John knows where the weapons are, and at that point this is about a week after the murders. And so, at that point the Police Department said, we can't take the chance that if he starts digging stuff up, that the press heard about this we'd be in serious trouble. So we had to put it on hold. But it was a great experience."

Wow. You learn something new everyday, don't you. I've been doing this site for almost three years now, and I can't remember ever hearing that story. Good fact checking work there, Best Damn Podcast. Be sure to check out the rest of the interview through the ITunes link below!

Billy Packer Interview - ITunes (Best Damn Podcast)

Posted by Awful Announcing at 1:43 PM

4 Comments:

I cannot believe he worked 34 straight Final Fours, thank god he is gone. Jim Nantz is going to be so much better.

Unknown said...
Mar 12, 2009, 2:06:00 PM  

I do not know how someone who had one of the best jobs in all of sports be so miserable and grumpy doing it. Then again, I guess I would not really know what it's like as that's a job that I can only dream of.

Justin F. said...
Mar 12, 2009, 2:13:00 PM  

Ummmm...wow. He "knew" where the evidence was but just so happened to forget about it. USA! USA! USA!

GMoney said...
Mar 12, 2009, 4:13:00 PM  

I am SO he's gone from the tourney coverage.

Douchebag.

The Hey said...
Mar 12, 2009, 9:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment