Video: A-Rod's Admission To Peter Gammons

Monday, February 09, 2009


ESPN just aired a brief clip of the Peter Gammons interview with Alex Rodriguez, and while it's not the full one that will be on Sports Center tonight, it seems to be the most important part of the discussion. Here is the video in case you missed it....



"When I arrived in Texas in 2001, I felt an enormous amount of pressure. I needed to perform, and perform at a high level every day. Back then, [baseball] was a different culture. It was very loose. I was young, I was stupid, I was naïve. I wanted to prove to everyone I was worth being one of the greatest players of all time."- Alex Rodriguez (Via ESPN)

"I did take a banned substance. For that, I'm very sorry and deeply regretful."

So what we now know is that he is admitting to using PEDs during a three-year period with the Texas Rangers, and that he's apparently extremely sorry for doing so. It's still not surprising, but what is surprising is that he actually came clean and admitted to doing so. I don't think many people are willing to forgive right away, especially when you take into account he lied during his 60 Minutes interview, but this was definitely a step he needed to take.

A-Rod admits, regrets use of PEDs (ESPN)

8 Comments:

How does A-rod not know in 04 if he flunked a test? You may or may not have failed a test?

Anonymous said...
Feb 9, 2009, 3:40:00 PM  

The Pettitte/Giambi path is much better than the Bonds/Clemens path of denial and destruction.

GMoney said...
Feb 9, 2009, 4:08:00 PM  

Is he sorry he took the illegal substance or sorry he got caught?

walnuts said...
Feb 9, 2009, 4:40:00 PM  

Unfortunately it seems ARod forgot to load up on illegal substance each year before the playoffs.

dwhit said...
Feb 9, 2009, 5:10:00 PM  

I have some non-steroid thoughts...
http://infiniteetc.blogspot.com/2009/02/rod-im-good-receiver.html

IEC. said...
Feb 9, 2009, 7:33:00 PM  

i LOVE how he called out "SportsCenter, ESPN for continouslly quoting (Jose Canseco)"


i'm not surpised to find this out, altho i am dissappointed..but i give him props for come cleaning

Selena Roberts is a twat

questionmark said...
Feb 9, 2009, 8:31:00 PM  

I can hear the crowd already... "A-'Roid!" "A-'Roid!" "A-'Roid!"

Charlie said...
Feb 9, 2009, 11:06:00 PM  

ESPN ran part of the A-Rod interview during NFL Live. It's not like the clip they constantly re-racked wasn't being shown enough.

Feb 9, 2009, 11:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment