Tim Kurkjian on Mike & Mike: "This Is The Stupidest Show I’ve Ever Been On"

Thursday, February 26, 2009

He's not really breaking any new ground there, but apparently one of Mike and Mike's regular guests actually think their show is the stupidest show he's ever been on. That guest was ESPN's own Tim Kurkjian, who was "On The DL" with Dan Levy today, but there's a bit of a twist within the quote. He actually meant it in a nice way, or so he says....

“I’ve acknowledged several times on that show that ‘this is the stupidest show I’ve ever been on.’ And I really mean that and I actually mean that in a really nice way. You suspend all journalism, obviously, when you go on that show, and I’ve made the point several times that I used to be a journalist, but now I’m a cartoon character when I go on their show.

But everyone understands that they're not journalists, they're entertainers, and they're just having a good time, and I'm here to help out the company and I love those guys.”
Well, I guess I can sort of understand that. I get that they are "entertainers" (however loosely you want to use that word), but I also think that they should be held to some sort of standard. Part of the reason that I personally can't stand the show, is that they never take a stance on anything, but if you like the show....I'm not going to tell you what to listen to, or watch each morning.

As far as Kurkjian goes, he's one of the best minds that ESPN has, and you should definitely check out the whole interview with Levy when you get a chance.

Spring Training Begins With Tim Kurkjian
Tim Kurkjian Audio (On The DL)

4 Comments:

That's a pretty bold statement from a guy who has appeared on the Erik Kuselias Show. I know that Mike and Mike are bad, but they aren't Kuselias-bad.

GMoney said...
Feb 26, 2009, 10:56:00 AM  

Yet another reason to listen to Czaban in the morning.

Feb 26, 2009, 11:43:00 AM  

I wish he was saying that in a mean way and not a nice way. Mike and Mike really are ridiculous, they say "Mike and Mike" 1000 times a show I swear

Anonymous said...
Feb 26, 2009, 11:50:00 AM  

Timmy has also expressed incredulity when he used to appear on Tony's show and when he is on the LeBatard show, since they often ask goofy and non-sports questions.

mark coale said...
Feb 26, 2009, 5:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment