Skip Bayless Is Still Standing Behind His Aikman Statements

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Starting Five scored an interesting interview today with First Take's Skip Bayless, and among the many in depth topics, Bayless relives his time in Dallas. When writing a book on the team, Skip came out (no pun intended) and challenged Troy Aikman's sexuality, and to this day....he's standing by the allegation. Not only that, but he's now even saying that the ex-Cowboys QB was possibly racist.

I also knew I had to go back and live with them because I had no plans on leaving Dallas. I wish I could have written it even harder than I did because I felt like I tip toed through some of it.

I wish I had sledgehammered it because it was the truth and everyone who knew what was going on inside the locker room told me the book was a terrific job and that I nailed it.

Because I did. It’s exactly what happened. All I heard from people around the country who didn’t read the book was, “You outed Troy Aikman?”

I didn’t. The coach definitely thought he was gay and a lot of his teammates thought he was gay. More than that, they thought he was racist and they thought he was trying to get Barry Switzer.
Love him, or hate him, the guy sure knows what he's doing. I personally think that he's one of the many things wrong with Sports Media these days, but you can't argue his intelligence. Whether or not the claims are true or not, it helped him sell books, and eventually land at ESPN. Be sure to check out the rest of the interview that TSF put together, it's definitely worth a read.

The Skip Bayless Interview (The Starting Five)

10 Comments:

What a complete bufoon. People in Dallas cannot stand him and when he is on TV I will not watch. Aikman has a wife and I am sure had many girlfriends. Emmitt and Michael are black and they are his friends along with a lot of other black players.I will buy Bayless a ticket to South America if I never have to hear his stupid thoughts again. He also said Steve Walsh will be a better QB than Aikman so you know he is an idoit.

747 said...
Feb 25, 2009, 3:02:00 PM  

Wow, Skip sure knows how to stir up some controversy. How much of it is factual remains to be seen, but those are quite the quotes he has there. By the way, A "first and ten" on ESPN with him and Stephen A. Smith is the very definition of "unwatchable tv"

Anonymous said...
Feb 25, 2009, 3:10:00 PM  

If you have a lot of time to spare than read the interview. It's a long one.

49er16 said...
Feb 25, 2009, 3:14:00 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
N Garrett said...
Feb 25, 2009, 4:21:00 PM  

Jeff Pearlman CRUSHED Skippy's allegations in Boys Will Be Boys and NO ONE in that locker room believed what Bayless said was true.

GMoney said...
Feb 25, 2009, 4:22:00 PM  

If I were Troy Aikman I would sue the heck out of Skip Bayles. Bayles is the biggest gasbag out there, and he would say anything to get his name in the news. What a scumbag.

Unknown said...
Feb 25, 2009, 4:24:00 PM  

Bayless=carpetbagger. Worst thing that ever happened to Chicago newspapers. Yes even including you-know-who.

The Zoner said...
Feb 25, 2009, 4:40:00 PM  

I prefer his gay brother.

What do you mean he's married? Hey Skip, I'm pretty sure your brother is gay.

Anonymous said...
Feb 25, 2009, 6:20:00 PM  

Takes one to know one, Skip.

walnuts said...
Feb 25, 2009, 6:25:00 PM  

Skip Bayless is pathetic with his claims against Troy Aikmen. He may have done some great reporting on the Cowboys, but the Aikmen comments are bogus and out of line. If you want to read the real truth on Troy's feelings on Skip read Jeff Pearlman's "Boys Will Be Boys." It was a great book and Pearlman reported the real facts. He talks about the incident Bayless claimed where Troy was a "racist." Troy yelled at Kevin Williams after he ran the wrong route in a regular season game in 1995 and Williams was flat out arrogant. He though Troy was signaling him out because he was black, what a joke. Switzer wasn't that good of a coach and Troy knew it. Switzer actually believed Williams and talked to Troy about being a racist, meanwhile Aikmen yelled at all of his receivers. Michael Irvin was a brother to Aikmen. How come Skip never discussed how Aikmen would of done anything for Irvin? I can't stand watching Skip on first take anymore.

Steve Cuce said...
Feb 26, 2009, 12:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment