Durant Takes H-O-R-S-E Title In Just Under 4 Hours

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Kevin Durant is having a pretty good weekend out in Phoenix. He put up a cool 46 points in the Rookie-Sophomore game, and after a slow start, he's taken TNT's first G-E-I-C-O/H-O-R-S-E crown. Here are the highlights and I'll share my thoughts on the otherside....



I don't know if it was the contestants involved, or the pace of the contest, but about halfway through I was hoping they would start randomly giving out letters. It was just too long, and extremely unimaginative on the shot selection end. The "in the stands" shot from Mayo and the deep corner one by Durant were pretty impressive, but the rest were just boring.

Maybe next year they should just change it to P-I-G. Or wait....sorry....J-I-F. Gotta have that sponsor.

(FYI- I should have the other competition's videos up shortly after they're done tonight. Actually, I'll probably combine the Skills and 3pt Shootout, and then do the Dunk Contest on its own.)

7 Comments:

At AA, the Fanhouse boys told me I was too negative during their live blog.

49er16 said...
Feb 14, 2009, 10:47:00 PM  

And that trophy....what a beautiful trophy....

Justin F. said...
Feb 14, 2009, 11:06:00 PM  

The H-O-R-S-E trophy: So cheap, a Caveman can get back change from his $1.

Feb 14, 2009, 11:09:00 PM  

The HORSE match was dreadful... and the dunk contest wasn't that hot, though we had it on on the 2nd TV while the Badger game was on the main one.

But how do you have a HORSE match with no "bounce the ball into the hoop" shot? Fail.

Rob in WI said...
Feb 15, 2009, 12:10:00 AM  

Kenny Smith said it best, next year they need add the rule that if everyone makes your shot you get a letter. This game, much like the slam dunk contest is best enjoyed via highlights. The event itself drags on and is boring. Watching people miss dunks and miss shots sucks. But the highlights are good.

testing thing said...
Feb 15, 2009, 12:58:00 PM  

the trophy was hilarious i thought. Kind of rare. GO NINERS.

Wilson said...
Feb 15, 2009, 7:05:00 PM  

I really enjoyed GEICOHORSE. I guess I'm in the minority. Maybe just because I love anything the TNT guys do...

I actually hate when HORSE devolves into silly trick shots, though I like the simple ones like "over the backboard" and "sitting down" and stuff.

Jay said...
Feb 17, 2009, 12:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment