Warren Sapp And Michael Phelps Go Swimming Together

Wednesday, January 07, 2009


I know this isn't news, and that both of these guys are just looking for attention, but there's something so lame about this video that it intrigues me. TMZ (Via With Leather) caught Michael Phelps and Warren Sapp, horsing around at a pool in South Beach, and decided that a video of said event was necessary to share with the world....



Oh man! You see that?!?! He gave him a half a lap pool lead....AND HE STILL BEAT THAT AZZ! That right there is talent my friends. My irrational hate for Michael Phelps aside though, is there anything lamer than trying to impress people with your talent, and no one there really even gives a crap? I mean even chicks are giving him "pity applause" at this point.

Attention Whores Whore For Attention (With Leather)
Warren Sapp Races Michael Phelps (TMZ)

8 Comments:

He swam for my sins.

Anonymous said...
Jan 7, 2009, 11:31:00 AM  

Wow......that.......was........lame.

I think that Sapp could start with a 3/4 lap lead, and Phelps could still beat him.

Justin F. said...
Jan 7, 2009, 11:57:00 AM  

I was hoping that both of these guys had cement shoes on.

GMoney said...
Jan 7, 2009, 12:12:00 PM  

Can Michael Phelps just go away for a little while? His accomplishments in Beijing were great, but I think he's getting a little over exposed at this point. At this point he might be staring in one of those VH1 "Celebreality" shows with MC Hammer, Jose Conseco, and both of the Coreys.

Anonymous said...
Jan 7, 2009, 12:41:00 PM  

I am from Baltimore...live 10 mins from Fells Pt where Michael Phelps now resides...was in Miami this weekend for the Ravens game and stayed at the Gansevoort South. Michael Phelps was laying out at the 3rd floor pool on Monday and I took a picture of him from a distance. Either he or his girlfriend sent over the security to tell me that the VIP would like me to refrain from taking his picture. Personally, I think that is very uncool. I know celebs do not like to be photographed and I've never taken a photo of one before, but I feel that if you do not want to be seen...get a private suite with your own pool. I am no longer a hometown fan of Michael Phelps.

Jan 7, 2009, 1:11:00 PM  

Michael Phelps reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Homer became famous for rolling a perfect 300 game in bowling. But when his 15 minutes were up, he couldn't deal with it and kept trying to get his face in the public eye. Memorably, ruining a Penn & Teller bit.

But yea, Phelps needs to go away for a little bit so people will still like him.

Anonymous said...
Jan 7, 2009, 1:50:00 PM  

@ walnuts:
Just because someone is famous and staying at the same hotel as you, doesn't mean you can take a pic or two anytime you like. Give the man some privacy. Somehow, every pic of him with his girlfriend ends up in some lousy gossip story so don't blame him or her for being cautious.

Anonymous said...
Jan 7, 2009, 3:12:00 PM  

walnuts = will leitch

Anonymous said...
Jan 7, 2009, 5:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment