Thursday, January 08, 2009
By now, you've all heard that Adam "Pacman" Jones was dropped by the Dallas Cowboys, and that it's been alleged by ESPN that the cornerback was involved in yet another strip club shooting in June of 2007. Well last night Pacman denied all of the allegations and said he would sue ESPN....
The June 2007 shooting occurred outside a suburban Atlanta strip club. One of the shooting victims told "Outside the Lines" that he had a dispute with Jones inside the strip club and that not long after he and the two others left the club, a hail of bullets struck their car. The NFL knew about that incident, but charges were never brought against anyone because the victims did not see the shooter.Man, oh man. ESPN better be damn sure they're right on this one. Even if they are, it's a huge gamble because if he's found not guilty for lack of evidence (which seems to be where this is heading), they're the ones with egg on their face. Of course, the Cowboys releasing him is a good sign that the case could be a strong one.
"Outside the Lines" obtained information that police, investigating a separate Atlanta-area case, had been told by an informant that Jones ordered the June 2007 shooting following his dispute with one of the men. Police have said while the case remains open they are not actively investigating.
Jones denied the report and told the Dallas Morning News: "It will be a lawsuit in a week against ESPN. That's stupid. It's so stupid I have no more comments."
Pacman out as 2007 shooting surfaces (ESPN)