Blog Hater Rick Reilly Starts A Blog

Wednesday, January 21, 2009


Rick Reilly is slowly starting to earn that huge paycheck from the "Leader", and along with Homecoming and Mt. Rushmore, the man who is not a fan of the blogging medium is getting one of his own. It'll be called "Go Fish" and you're able to read it now at ESPNTheMag.com.

Not only can you check out what words the writer has made up in the "Rickology" section, but you can also read about how him going to the bathroom and meeting Screech from Saved By The Bell!!!

This week, I was in a bathroom and a guy came up to me and said, "I'm a huge fan. Do you know that? A huge fan. I know who you are! How many people actually know who you are in this club tonight? Only me, right? Give me your cell, Bill. And not your BS work number that some secretary answers. I want your straight-up cell, Bill. I mean it. Give it to me. I'm gonna have Bill O'Reilly's cell. Sweet. We'll hang."

I saw Screech (Dustin Diamond) from Saved by the Bell at XS at the Encore Hotel in Las Vegas last weekend. He has a crazy Afro now and a triangle-shaped mini-beard and is still about nine on the Geekmeter.
Now I know that my entries aren't of the greatest of length, but those are even less than Terrell Owens' first effort at Yardbarker. But who am I to tell someone how to blog, right? Welcome Mr. Reilly, you'll be live-blogging the World Beer Pong Championships in no time!

Reilly: Go Fish (ESPN The Mag)
ESPN Is Officially Trying To Get Rick Reilly To Do More (Deadspin)

8 Comments:

Rick Reilly and Bill O'Reilly in a bathroom......there's a real scary thought...

Justin F. said...
Jan 21, 2009, 3:41:00 PM  

They fire Kyle Whelliston but keep this asshole???

GMoney said...
Jan 21, 2009, 4:15:00 PM  

IMO, Reilly is one of the most overrated writers ever to come down the pike.

UnHoly Diver said...
Jan 21, 2009, 5:13:00 PM  

wow. you know, people will do anything uf you pay them enough.

Steven said...
Jan 21, 2009, 6:19:00 PM  

And to think, meeting Screech is the first sign of the acopolyse as we know it...

JamesCraven said...
Jan 21, 2009, 10:20:00 PM  

As AA said, at least ESPN is making Reilly earn his money now.
In addition to everything else Rick is doing these days, I'm looking forward to seeing him along side Anish Shroff on ESPNEWS this weekend.

His column about Larry Fitzgerald's dad was pretty good...too bad we'll have to wait until late March for another decent one.

-Drew/Shawn Kemp

Faux Twitter said...
Jan 21, 2009, 11:31:00 PM  

i met rick at the world series of beer pong and he was a really nice guy. i would have put out for him.

Dapper D said...
Jan 22, 2009, 9:42:00 AM  

How's his son....KEL...aahahaahhahaa.

LIKE FROM GOOD BURGER!

Anonymous said...
Jan 22, 2009, 2:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment