ESPN To Get Interactive With You In 2009

Tuesday, December 23, 2008


ESPN's technology department hasn't exactly been lining up winners lately. They've tried the mobile game and failed, but now they're trying to get into your television remote. According to Ad Age, beginning this summer ESPN will offer three new "iTV" products that will allow you to join in the network's reindeer games....

Beginning in summer 2009, the Walt Disney Co. sports-entertainment network will offer three new iTV products, tentatively titled ESPN My Vote, ESPN In Game Extra and My Bottom Line. Specific cable-distribution partners have yet to be determined, but ESPN My Vote and ESPN In Game Extra will each employ EBIF middleware technology, already available in millions of set-top boxes nationwide, while My Bottom Line will use Tru2way technology, the cross-cable software that powers cable operators' interactive programming guides, games and other programs.

ESPN My Vote is an interactive feature that will enable viewers to participate in voting and polling during live broadcasts of "SportsCenter," "College Football Live," College Football telecast, Major League Baseball telecasts and "Baseball Tonight."

ESPN In Game Extra will give viewers the option to access additional game stats during live telecasts, including player tracking, scores, standings and schedules.

My Bottom Line refers to the bottom line, or news scroll across the bottom of the TV screen, which fans will be able to customize to their favorite teams or cities, regardless of geography. So a Cleveland sports fan in New York could customize scores for the Cavs and the Browns, with live access to stats, standings, research and even information about fantasy players.
I can't stand polls personally, but the other two actually sound pretty awesome. I've always loved the DirecTV feature where you can plug your fantasy football team in and get stats across the board. Plus, having to wait through WNBA and MLS scores for real Sports is a pain in the ass. I wish I had "My Bottom Line" right now actually.

ESPN Rolls Out Interactive Features (Ad Age)

4 Comments:

I would rather have The Snuggie than this shit.

GMoney said...
Dec 23, 2008, 1:34:00 PM  

And the angry WNBA and MLS fans should be arriving in 3... 2... 1...

[crickets]

Dec 23, 2008, 3:53:00 PM  

Since when does ESPN show MLS scores. I'm pretty sure they remove the ticker and go to commercial as soon as that tab comes up.

Anonymous said...
Dec 26, 2008, 9:29:00 AM  

My site is wow7gold.com,you can search wow7gold ,
wow 7 gold ,wow7gold.com aslo.The another site is www.ignmax.com,this site you can call it : ignmax,
ignmax.com ,www.ignmax.com . Welcome to my two site:www.wow7gold.com and http://www.ignmax.com .Both of them provide wow gold.

Anonymous said...
Jan 15, 2009, 5:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment