Warren Sapp Calls Keyshawn A "Bitch" On Inside The NFL

Thursday, November 13, 2008


I completely understand the role that Showtime has tried to place on Warren Sapp, or that he did so on his own, but this just takes it to a whole new different level. On Wednesday's Inside The NFL, Sapp was taking questions for a segment called "Ask Warren Anything". A question came in about whether Warren would be watching Keyshawn Johnson's new design show on A&E and this was the outspoken one's response. Via Adam Schefter's blog on NFL.com....

In a special segment on this week’s Inside The NFL, Warren Sapp answered viewer submitted questions during “Ask Warren Anything”.

Below are transcription highlights of the show.

(On rumor that Sapp is a diva on “Dancing With The Stars”)
SAPP: I’ll tell you what. I have to be honest about the diva thing. I am a little eccentric at times. I like cold water and in California they like it room temperature. And as a 300-pound man I needed a little cold water. So they gave me a big cooler and they put “Warren’s Water,” so I guess that’s where they get that from. If a big fella needing cold water is being a diva, then diva I am.

(On whether he would ever watch Keyshawn Johnson’s reality show about interior design)
SAPP: Me, watch Keyshawn on an interior decorating show? Keyshawn, I knew you were a bitch. And thanks for making it all clear.
I know what the term "bitch" is supposed to mean nowadays, and I know that we are overly sensitive as a society, but that's just flat out uncalled for. Even if you take away the sexist nature of the comment, there's no point for Keyshawn's name to be coming out of Sapp's mouth in this format. If he wants to go on some douchebag's talk radio show and spout off at the mouth....fine. But to do so on a once classy and well done show like Inside the NFL, and to not be reprimanded after multiple attacks like this, makes me think that Showtime just isn't taking their direction with the show seriously.

I really hope that Keyshawn doesn't take this bait, and sink to Warren's level, but nothing would surprise me these days. I'll try to have the video up later in the day for posterity when ITN re-airs today, but that's the last time I watch that garbage. There's just no need for more of this crap in an already crap-filled Sports World.

Warren answers anything (NFL: Adam Schefter)

18 Comments:

YOU KNOW YOU MAY HAVE A POINT SINCE INSIDE THE NFL IS A CLASSY SHOW. ON THE OTHER HAND WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM WARREN SAPP? HE DOESNT SAY THESE THINGS ON THE NFL NETWORK. KEYSHAWN IS A BITCH THOUGH

Anonymous said...
Nov 13, 2008, 8:49:00 AM  

You've gotta be kidding me! Keyshawn is a bitch! He is a dolt. He makes NFl countdown unwatchable.

Anonymous said...
Nov 13, 2008, 10:27:00 AM  

Woof.

Anonymous said...
Nov 13, 2008, 10:40:00 AM  

Arf!

Anonymous said...
Nov 13, 2008, 10:40:00 AM  

Warren is a washed up fat fuck has been piece of shit

W_Rabb said...
Nov 13, 2008, 10:51:00 AM  

Are we actually surprised that Warren Sapp is still classless? The guy has always been a d-bag.

GMoney said...
Nov 13, 2008, 11:00:00 AM  

But he used to be a funny douchebag.

Now he's just a douchebag douchebag.

JFreak said...
Nov 13, 2008, 11:28:00 AM  

So are you saying that Key isn't a bitch, or that Warren shouldn't have said anything about him being a bitch?
My Post about Keyshawn

Anonymous said...
Nov 13, 2008, 11:30:00 AM  

For a guy that smokes pot, he seems awfully uptight, man.

E Buzz said...
Nov 13, 2008, 11:50:00 AM  

Why *is* room temperature water so popular among LA celebrities? For me living in the midwest, it's basically unheard of.

Anonymous said...
Nov 13, 2008, 1:20:00 PM  

Warren is an a-hole true enough but on the NFL Network's pregame shows, he never has time to talk about this. The segment "Ask Warren Anything," is a pernicious invitation for him to literally say whatever he wants. At least when illustrious analysts like Marshall Faulk and Terrell Davis are on air with him, the talk is primarily about football. That's why the NFL Network is so good and I look forward to watching all of their commentary during the Pats-Jets game. It was also cool when sexy Alyssa Milano came on a couple of weeks ago to do the picks with Rich Eisen.

Brad James said...
Nov 13, 2008, 1:33:00 PM  

keyshawn is a sorry jeans and sport coat wearing bitch and its good that sapp finally said something. keyshawn is one of the biggest whiners ever

Anonymous said...
Nov 13, 2008, 2:20:00 PM  

If you really want to attack Sapp for calling Keyshawn a little bitch then you have too much time on your hands. You dont like Inside the NFL...dont watch the damn show. Seriously...I cant believe I wasted 5 minutes of my day reading this stupid ass article. If I wanted to listed to someone bitch I would have gone to TMZ.

Anonymous said...
Nov 13, 2008, 2:59:00 PM  

It's on SHOWTIME. If you can't handle adult language, DON'T SUBSCRIBE!

Anonymous said...
Nov 13, 2008, 4:38:00 PM  

so a guy on a fancy dancing show has the cajones to call another guy a bitch. nice hypocrisy, Sapp

webslappy said...
Nov 14, 2008, 7:17:00 AM  

keyshawn is far from a dolt! are you kidding?!? that just shows that there are so many haters out there. if keyshawn makes nfl countdown not worth your time then so be it. he's articulate, his comments are intuitive, and he's funny. and if you were right, he wouldn't be on the show for a second year sweetie! so as usual, all you haters and suck a fat one! keyshawn was a good receiver, is a good sports analyst and i look forward to his new show!

Anonymous said...
Nov 19, 2008, 2:36:00 PM  

webslappy - you took the words right out of my mouth. That's what I thought of immediately when I heard about this (apparently I've been in a cave though as I'm a week late).

Anonymous said...
Nov 20, 2008, 9:49:00 PM  

Why does Sapp always have an astonished look on his facec (eyes wide open) and he never actually says anything halfway intelligent!!
He is constantly owned by Marshall and Mooch who at least can articulate a complete friggin' sentence!!

Anonymous said...
Jan 4, 2009, 10:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment