Monday Night Football Week Ten Live-Blog: Pregame

Monday, November 03, 2008


Who: Steelers at Redskins
Where: Jack Kent Cooke Stadium (I still refuse to call it FedExField)
Why: So Chris Berman can annoy Presidential Candidates.
Spreads: Skins -2.5, O/U 37.5
Announcers: Mike Tirico, Ron Jaworski, Tony Kornheiser

MNF Links:

Ron Jaworski on Jason Campbell (Redskins Blog)
Are you ready for political football? (Chicago Sun-Times)
Skins vs. Steelers (DCist)
Game 8 Matchup: Steelers vs. Redskins (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)
The Last Time the Steelers Were in Town.... (DC Sports Bog)
Randle El's unique skills bolster Redskins (Pittsburgh Trib)
Santonio Returns; Taylor and Springs out for the Skins (DC Steeler Nation)

Monday Night Countdown Segments:

ESPN the Magazine's “For Love or The Game:” Antwaan Randle El

Redskins wide receiver Antwaan Randle El, a former Pittsburgh Steeler, will be the subject of Monday’s “For Love or The Game.” Randle El’s wife, Juane, and his teammate Santana Moss battle to see who really knows Randle El better.

EA Sports Virtual Playbook: Clinton Portis

Countdown’s Jackson takes viewers on the field to show how and why the NFL's leading rusher, Clinton Portis, has gotten off to such a fast start this season.

Unmasked: Ben Roethlisberger

In this week’s “Unmasked,” Countdown goes under the helmet to find out what motivates "Big Ben" to be one of the best quarterbacks in the game.

Obviously the biggest feature is the Barack-McCain interviews with Chris Berman at halftime. Lucky for us though, someone already put together a preview! Via Hot Clicks (very NSFW)....



AA's Prediction:

I don't even know where to start with this one. As you know, I'm a Redskins fan so any reverse/non-reverse jinx I can throw out there, I gladly would. If you add in the fact of the presidency possibly being decided and the fact the Skins are without Springs and Taylor and will possibly be missing Moss and Samuels....I'm really lost.

So here's what I'm trying the double non-reverse current presidency polls pick....

Steelers 20 - Redskins 16

(I also considered the reverse jinx photo usage of Brad Keisel injuring Jason Campbell last year, but couldn't bring myself to doing so)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 5:45 PM

5 Comments:

Kornheiser will be much more annoying tonight than Berman.

Hail to the Redskins. They win because I want to hear Emmitt Smiff congrulate them.

GMoney said...
Nov 3, 2008, 5:41:00 PM  

Wait... so if the Steelers win, then Obama wins, and if McCain wins than the Redskins win... I wish someone, somwhere would have explained this to me for the 9000000th time

Tie Game.
Take the Under.
Mass Hysteria come Wednesday Morning.

Rob in WI said...
Nov 3, 2008, 6:15:00 PM  

Tony Kornheiser is going to be so annoying tonight

Anonymous said...
Nov 3, 2008, 7:06:00 PM  

I agree with everyone that Dr. Kornheiser is going to be extremely annoying tonight.

Over/under on Sarah Palin references: 5

Game prediction: I think this will be a close game. Both teams are good teams, but in the end, with the presidency on the line tonight, I can't go against the Steelers.
Pittsburgh 24, Washington 20.

Hopefully I'm right and that the game is close, that way Dr. Kornhesier will talk less about his crush (Sarah Palin) and more about the actual football game. On second thought, maybe he'd be better off talking about Palin....

Justin F. said...
Nov 3, 2008, 7:33:00 PM  

As someone who does not believe in jinxes but totally believes in the reverse-jix, I approve of your prediction! I am sorry I missed it yesterday but it was still awesome.

testing thing said...
Nov 4, 2008, 9:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment