In Case You Were Wondering When UNC-Duke Was This Year, CBS Sports Has The Countdown For You

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

There will probably be a ton of great plotlines this NCAA Basketball season, and I'm sure Duke versus UNC will be one of them, but this is just waaaaay too over-the-top for my tastes. Friar Blog noticed an interesting countdown going on over at CBSSports.com and naturally it's for a game that's over three months away and isn't even going to be aired on the network. That's right people UNC-Duke is just 91 Days, 5 Hours, 5 minutes and 59 seconds....58....57....56....away!


How lame is that? And you were sitting there thinking that ESPN was the only network that shoved certain teams down your throat. Shame on you!

You Thought ESPN Had a Hard-on for Duke-UNC? (Friar Blog)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 3:50 PM

10 Comments:

Kyle Singler is softer than Mark Mangino.

GMoney said...
Nov 12, 2008, 4:05:00 PM  

Why is this under ESPN Nonsense? It should be CBS Nonsense and it has nothing to do with announcing anyway!


Guess you have to churn out pointless posts every day now.

Anonymous said...
Nov 12, 2008, 4:19:00 PM  

The nonsense tag went haywire. Sorry for the typo and the pointless post.

Nov 12, 2008, 4:46:00 PM  

Assuming this post is accurate...posting this information would be a big no/no (if not flat out illegal).

Seems a little TOO RIDICULOUS to be believed though.

Looks like they took a real casting call and altered it to try to get noticed/posted on this site.

Anonymous said...
Nov 12, 2008, 6:16:00 PM  

You should be ashamed, AA. Really.

I don't know why I bother but methinks that AA Hates ESPN has not read the about section of this blog.

"The site focuses mainly on the perils and follies of the Sports Media, but also critiques and reviews those within the Sports World."

Justin F. said...
Nov 12, 2008, 7:55:00 PM  

"You should be ashamed, AA. Really." Please note the sarcasm in that. I just realized after I published my comment how it didn't exactly look as sarcastic as I wanted it to.

Justin F. said...
Nov 12, 2008, 7:56:00 PM  

I did no photoshopping other than circling the countdown.

If you don't believe me, check http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball

It's still counting down :)

Friarblog.com said...
Nov 12, 2008, 8:34:00 PM  

@friarblog: I'm thinking Anon 6:16 meant to make that post in the "ESPN Casting Call" thread above this, not here. It's not like you linked to a countdown clock of when Les Miles' LSU contract expires.

Good catch, dude.

Nov 12, 2008, 8:46:00 PM  

haha, my bad

Friarblog.com said...
Nov 12, 2008, 8:52:00 PM  

Yep, I visited the CBS sight for myself, and there it is counting down. I'm sure they will have the March Madness Countdown up in a few weeks...

Justin F. said...
Nov 12, 2008, 11:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment