Brandon Roy Is A Golden God

Friday, November 07, 2008


So what did you miss while going to bed early last night? Just a ridiculous finish in the Portland-Houston game that included a three-point play by Yao to put the Rockets up one followed by a ridiculous Brandon Roy three to win it with .08 left on the clock. And that was just in overtime. Let's go to the videotape!



YES! God you gotta love Marv Albert, even though he was about 20 seconds slow on the Yao Ming foul call. I can't emphasize enough how fun the Blazers are to watch. I know I'm about the 100,000th person on the bandwagon, but I'm officially on checked in.

Brandon Roy Will Not Be Denied (Fanhouse)

8 Comments:

I know someone asked this on another website, but why did the clock stop after the ball left Yao's hands (1:57 on the youtube video)? I'm a big nba fan, but that doesn't mean I know every rule. Is there a rule for that? Or was this a timekeeper's mistake?

If the clock had kept running, I think there would have been anywhere from .2-4 left on the clock, possibly making the shot by Roy null.

sag969 said...
Nov 7, 2008, 9:52:00 AM  

There was a foul on the play, so once it was called, the clock stopped.

I was wondering that too at first.

Mike Maloney said...
Nov 7, 2008, 10:00:00 AM  

Thank goodness I have Rudy Fernandez on my Fantasy team, or I probably wouldn't have stayed up and watched this fantastic game.

AA, I'm right behind you on the bandwagon.

Unknown said...
Nov 7, 2008, 10:13:00 AM  

Well that makes sense. Thanks mike.

sag969 said...
Nov 7, 2008, 10:29:00 AM  

I'm on the Kings bandwagon. I've been trying to find a new and inventive way to kill myself for years.

GMoney said...
Nov 7, 2008, 11:55:00 AM  

He was given a lot of extra time to get the ball off.

http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd312/ebaywekko/?action=view&current=roy.jpg

Anonymous said...
Nov 7, 2008, 12:24:00 PM  

I'm still a little tentative concerning the Trail Blazers since they were a halfcourt team last season, but anyone in the NBA that funs and guns their way to 100 points on a consistent basis is definitely worth watching in my book. Brandon Roy is sick, and if Oden can finally play, this could be a really scary team.

Brad James said...
Nov 7, 2008, 1:43:00 PM  

It did seem like the clock started a little late, but man what a shot!!

Frank T. Tank said...
Nov 8, 2008, 1:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment