A.I. Revists His Famous "Practice?" Speech In Detroit

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

In the pantheon of famous Sports' speeches, the Allen Iverson "Practice?" one ranks up near the top for me. I'd include it on a short list with Jimmy V's at the ESPYs, Lou Gehrig's "Luckiest Man", Jack Buck's Poem after 9/11 and Jim Mora's "Playoffs?" rant (sarcasm people). I don't know why but every time I hear the clip, I just start cracking up.

Well fast forward to AI's press conference today announcing him as the newest addition to the Pistons. Iverson was sitting with Joe Dumars, and discussing how much he's willing to sacrifice for a Championship, when he walked right into it....



Hilarious! I can't stand how good the East is now. Not that the Pistons weren't good with Billups, but every single team got better except the one I root for. Good times in Detroit, but I still don't entirely understand the trade.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 2:11 PM

9 Comments:

That "Practice" clip always make me laugh, too. Also, it's nice how quickly Iverson goes along with Dumars' teasing here and seems to have some nice, easy fun with him. AI seems to have mellowed (in a good way) as he has gotten older. Should make the East even more interesting.

Anonymous said...
Nov 5, 2008, 2:51:00 PM  

How can you still not get it? I mean, no offense to your basketball knowledge because you seem to know your shit (even though you root for the Wizards), but this trade makes sense for both teams. Especially since McDyess will be back in Detroit in about 30 days.

It makes so much sense for both teams. Once LeBron James, Dwyane Wade or Chris Bosh is playing in Detroit in 2 years maybe it'll make sense. Of course, let's not forget that Wade or Bosh could be in Detroit right now if Dumars hadn't taken Darko at number 2.

Anonymous said...
Nov 5, 2008, 3:06:00 PM  

I am certain that Bosh will be playing in Detroit 2 years from now. Wade could, but he will likely end up in Detroit. There is no way in hell that LeBron ends up with the Pistons.

Anonymous said...
Nov 5, 2008, 3:23:00 PM  

"but he will likely end up in Detroit."

I mean Chicago.

Anonymous said...
Nov 5, 2008, 3:23:00 PM  

Personally, I think that this schtick is played out and unfunny. But then again, I hate the Pistons (AKA the Atlanta Braves).

GMoney said...
Nov 5, 2008, 4:07:00 PM  

now you know why Obama won't hold a press conference.
he'd get hammered by legitimate press.

Anonymous said...
Nov 5, 2008, 4:13:00 PM  

or just a plumber walking thru the building.

Anonymous said...
Nov 5, 2008, 4:14:00 PM  

Wow, The anonymous conservatives defitinely took their bitter pills this morning.

As far as the actual post about The Answer is concerned...it was a good deal for both teams (that could potentially become great if Bosh or Wade end up in Detroit). I hear the rationale about LeBron eventually wearing a Pistons uniform...but I'll believe it when I see it.

Anonymous said...
Nov 5, 2008, 4:54:00 PM  

How could the Wizards not finish against the Bucks, AA? That game was theirs for the taking. With that said, Milwaukee's looking pretty good right now.

Brad James said...
Nov 6, 2008, 1:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment