Monday, October 06, 2008
Every Monday you will have anywhere from ten to twenty quotes to pick from and your votes will decide our weekly winner and ultimately the grand champion. I'll have the winners and new standings up tomorrow and be sure to cast your vote at the bottom.
The day games during week six were just really boring. Most of the teams were pretty on including Ware and Pasch. Without his muse, Ray Ray was better, but still gave us a few gems. Here are the thirteen quotes to choose from in no particular order....
The Pam Ward Chronicles: Week Five
1. "This is an old-fashioned Big Ten game where both teams like to ground it out on the ground"- Ray Bentley
2. "I hope she's the one in the middle." - Gary Danielson, as the camera goes for a shot of John Parker Wilson's mother and the one in the center is rather attractive
3. "That makes me happy." - Rod Gilmore, noting the alternating blue and orange in the Boise student section.
"So we have a happy Gilmore." - Joe Tessitore
4."Wells up the middle inside the 30 to the 24. Which is fine to say, but not on a 1 yard run."- Mike Patrick
5. "That is not Michael Phelps there at left tackle." - Andre Ware
6."Ed is doing what we call cheating." - Ron Franklin after a booth shot showing Ed Cunningham looking in a media guide for the answer to the trivia question. (the points would go to Cunningham)
7. "Watch Greenwood come in and fill this hole, and watch Ringer beat him in the hole." - Ray Bentley
8. "It's perfect weather for a football game. I almost thought about going down there and putting on a helmet and some shoulder pads, but I didn't want to choose between the black uniforms and the white ones, so I decided to stay up here with you." - Andre Ware
9. "They threw the flag because the punter tried to kick the ball off the ground."- Paul Maguire
"That couldn't have happened the ball never got through to the punter."- Bob Griese
10. "And Iglesias takes it in for the score to make it 35-7." - Rece Davis
"And that makes the score before the Texas game 0-0." - Lou Holtz
11. "Once you get wet, you only get wet once."- Bob Griese
"There's the line of the day, tell Stacey Dales that!"- Brad Nessler
12. "Wisconsin has won 22 of their last 22 night games, including 11 in a row."- Todd Blackledge
13. "And the communicator, Steve Newman."- Ray Bentley
"Newman!"- Clay Matvick with the worst impression ever