Rick Telander, Jay Mariotti, A Hatchet And A Sauna

Tuesday, October 21, 2008


On The DL has been doing the Lord's work for quite some time now, but this could be DL and Co.'s greatest interview yet. Levy talked with Chicago columnist Rick Telander yesterday and naturally, the subject of his war with Jay Mariotti came up. Not only did it come up, but the latest story is just about the funniest thing I've ever heard....

“I was taking a sauna, which I do like once every ten years, and who walks in but Jay Mariotti. I swear to God. If God is my savior, if he is (he probably doesn’t want to save me, but) there he was. He almost freaked out. There were other people in the sauna. I probably shouldn’t even go on about this, but it was an hour ago. It was one hour ago, and he just started babbling.

I don’t think it’s fair for me...I’m telling you so much...it’s just surreal. I think if my eyes don’t deceive me, if he’d seen the Yeti or...Michael Myers sitting there, I don’t know, it would have been about the same. But you’d have to ask him that.

The first thing out of his mouth, ‘well, let’s just bury the hatchet.’ I had not said a word. Hatchets or anything – I didn’t have a hatchet in hand. Nothing.”
It's amazing what can transpire when two guys are naked in a sauna. That's pretty much the only place that Telander wouldn't have punched him in the face, and how funny is it that they just ran into each other like that. Of course there's much more in the interview including Rick lacing into Mariotti's writing style, so head over to OtDL for the rest. Mainstream Media continues to amaze me everyday.

Rick Telander Holds Nothing Back (On The DL)

4 Comments:

Two narcissistic douchebags enter the Thunderdome - but only one leaves.

Anonymous said...
Oct 21, 2008, 10:44:00 AM  

Mariotti - Let's bury the hatchet.
Telander - It's like a sauna in here.

GMoney said...
Oct 21, 2008, 10:46:00 AM  

If you read that site, her interview is laced with tongue - bathing of enormous dimensions. "Wow, how do you manage to write all those books, AND STILL keep writing your column?" Read some of Telander's "work" these days, and it won't take you long to figure out the answer to that question.

Anonymous said...
Oct 21, 2008, 11:47:00 AM  

Telander/Mariotti haiku:

Don't like Rick or Jay
Their radio shows both sucked
Say goodnight, J-Hood

Oct 21, 2008, 12:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment