Monday Night Football Baseball Live-Blog: Pregame

Monday, October 27, 2008


Who: Tampa Bay Rays and Philadelphia Phillies
What: Beisbol
When: Tonight, 8:30pm (FOX)
Where: Citizens Bank Park - Philadelphia, PA
Why: So Joe Buck and Tim McCarver can explain the ground rules at Tropicana Field just one more time, even though the game is in Philadelphia....and/or....mean mug the camera while their seats are at awkward and completely different heights (seriously...what is that about?)
How: Ryan Howard in the Laboratory with a Subway Cheesesteak
Weather: All I know is that I'm freezing my ass off and Philly is about 2 hours north of here.

Alrighty people, you've spoken and you want to talk Baseball tonight and what baby wants....baby gets. I'll be starting the live-blog around 8ish, leave your predictions and thoughts in the comments, and I'll see you later on.

6 Comments:

It will be rained out and you'll only have to live blog one.

Parade rescheduled.

Anonymous said...
Oct 27, 2008, 6:24:00 PM  

figures that the Titans' MNF game won't be covered

Corey said...
Oct 27, 2008, 6:36:00 PM  

Rain is scheduled in Philly tonight but Citizens Bank Park is playable in a steady rain. The rain is supposed to be light until well past midnight and tomorrow is not looking like it's going to be much better. So I think they are going to play tonight.

Justin F. said...
Oct 27, 2008, 6:45:00 PM  

I hate the cheesy music that Fox is using (the inspirational instrumental music). I think it debuted at the all star game. Makes me want to puke.

Tyler said...
Oct 27, 2008, 8:03:00 PM  

Report from the bars in Philly. Scattered drunkenness with only a few occasional idiots. Overheard someone asking where the nearest electronics store was located in the off chance there was some looting tonight. His wife wants a HD flat screen TV.

I'm hunkered down in the corner with the best seat to watch the game AND look out for any potential trouble but I also have direct access to the bartender.

Pray for our souls and the historical buildings that Joe Buck loves so much.

Anonymous said...
Oct 27, 2008, 8:04:00 PM  

Tyler,

They started using that music last year in the playoffs.

Call me crazy, but I kind of like it. It's like a one shining moment type of thing. And ANYTHING is better than that stupid Rocky music they play EVERY INNING after the phillies score.

Anonymous said...
Oct 27, 2008, 8:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment