Who Cares About The Football Game, There's A Rad Concert Tonight!

Thursday, September 04, 2008


I know I started a frenzy amongst Country Music fans when I broke the news that Keith Urban was the headliner at this years NFL Kickoff concert, and made fun of him in the process, but he's not the only act involved. Add to him, Usher and the beautiful Natasha Bedingfield and you have a show of people I didn't know that they had released an album in the last five years that's sure to please!

"It's my dream to sing in New York," Bedingfield said. "I've never been able to stop traffic like this - I stop traffic in other ways." Bedingfield says she's tackling the job of learning the basics about American football. "It's a new sport for me," she said. "I'm used to rugby."

Usher also is stoked for his appearance at the first NFL Kickoff held in New York in six years. "I'll be looking for body-painted fans," he said. "It's going to be an eclectic performance. It'll be great."

Stars from NBC TV shows also are expected to appear at the event, which runs from 3 to 6:45 p.m. Before the music begins, the NFL will show a video on the Super Bowl champion Giants. The event will be shown live on the NFL Network.

The concert will be a warm-up for the opening game of the NFL season tonight at Giants Stadium, where Big Blue squares off against the Washington Redskins.

Cops are planning on a crowd of 30,000 to 60,000 people at the concert, sources said. Spectators are being allotted the entire length of Central Park South, all the way from Columbus Circle to Grand Army Plaza.
Wait, did the NY Post really use the word "stoked" in an article? Guess so. In all seriousness, all three are great musicians and Keith Urban's following is huge. Plus we get NBC TV Stars as well! With the likes of Chuck, Noah Wiley (ER is still on right?), K.I.T. from Knight Rider, anyone from the eight Law & Orders and Minka Kelly and Hayden Pantierre (you can scratch the previous four)....anything is possible!

Oh and...Yay! Football's back.

Traffic Jammin' Session (NY Post)

REMINDER: Live-Blog tonight!

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 10:14 AM

4 Comments:

I couldn't name one song by either of these three (Usher sang that shitty Yeah song right?), but I know for a fact that Keith Urban sucks Tony Siragusa'a scrotal sweat.

GMoney said...
Sep 4, 2008, 10:44:00 AM  

by the way its K.I.T.T. as in Knight Industries Two Thousand.

I would much rather watch Hasselhoff sing than the ones they got

Anonymous said...
Sep 4, 2008, 11:40:00 AM  

Damn....I can't believe I never knew about that extra "T". What's wrong with me?

Sep 4, 2008, 11:58:00 AM  

Wow this is one of the rare moments when I'm GLAD I don't get NFLN, because now I know without a doubt that I won't watch this crap.

BTW, The NY Post is not the NY Times -- it's certainly not below the Post to use colloquialisms.

GO GIANTS!!

Jay said...
Sep 4, 2008, 2:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment