Baron Davis And His Jenny Craig Sponsorship

Thursday, September 25, 2008


Baron Davis is a little bit savvy and a little bit insane, but I think that's what people like about him. He's in that rare-air with the likes of Gilbert Arenas and Steve Nash and doesn't miss an opportunity to get his name out there. Which is why I'm not surprised by his recent endorsement of Jenny Craig. From People via SbB....

First, it was Kirstie Alley. Then Valerie Bertinelli and Queen Latifah. Now, Jenny Craig's got a new famous recruit – and it's safe to say he's kind of a big deal.

A really big deal. Baron Davis, the 6' 3" L.A. Clippers guard, is the new man on the Jenny plan, PEOPLE has learned exclusively. Inspired by current spokeswoman Latifah, Davis, 29, started the plan at the beginning of August to get in shape for basketball season.

"I know Queen Latifah, and when I saw her out there using it, I thought maybe I could use it, too, to work on my health and fitness goals and inspire others," he tells PEOPLE.

During the NBA off-season, Davis let his fitness slide. "In the off-season, it's kind of hard to maintain day-to-day," he says. "I don't want to get up and cook. And when I pig out, I'm the type of person where there's no limit to what I can do." His favorite pig-out food? "Definitely Mexican," he says. "I go to Pinches Tacos in L.A., start with a carne asada burrito, and work my way down the menu."
I really don't know why Jenny Craig hasn't targeted men sooner, but this seems like a great idea. Nutri System seems to have cornered the Sports market, but a company as large (no pun intended) as Jenny Craig should definitely look into more opportunities. I mean I don't know how many men would personally admit to being on the program, but get a few more like Baron and you'll be golden.

NBA Star Baron Davis: I'm on Jenny Craig! (People)
Ballooning Baron Davis: “I’m On Jenny Craig!” (Sports by Brooks)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 9:41 AM

4 Comments:

I heard that Ozzie Guillens post game interview after last nights game was hilarious. Since u are the guru of finding videos, any chance u can post it?

Anonymous said...
Sep 25, 2008, 10:24:00 AM  

But is Baron still allowed to eat POT ROAST?

GMoney said...
Sep 25, 2008, 10:48:00 AM  

I work at Jenny Craig in the stockroom. There are a lot more guys that come in then you would expect.

Anonymous said...
Sep 25, 2008, 11:53:00 AM  

What's stopping Al Roker from joining Baron?

Brad James said...
Sep 25, 2008, 1:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment