The "Saving Grace" Clip Of Barry Switzer That Everyone's Been Waiting To See

Friday, August 08, 2008

When I first broke the news that Barry Switzer was going to be a guest on TNT's Saving Grace, I incorrectly said he was no longer with FOX. Apparently the Oklahoma legend is still in the fray with the NFL on Fox, and he has been honing is acting skills in the offseason. I also proposed at the time that Switzer's performance would ultimately be much more important than any of the other forays into the business, and I'm here to say.....I was right (of course I was).

Of course I could just tell you that it was groundbreaking and say that I was right, but come on....you know me better than that. Ladies and Gents, I give you Barry Switzer's debut acting performance on the TNT hit series "Saving Grace"....



Billy Sims? Steve Owens?! Heisman Trophy Award winner, Jason White?!?! Kyra Sedgwick Holly Hunter (whoops) could make even the worst of NFL disappointments sound awesome!!! The actual episode airs August 11th on TNT, and if you're like me, you've already got that summabitch TIVO'd.

FOX NFL Analyst Barry Switzer Gets An Acting Gig (Awful Announcing)

7 Comments:

Kyra Sedgwick probably could, but I think that's Holly Hunter. I was waiting for her to stand up and shout, "Gimme that football, you wart hog from hell!"

Permanent4 said...
Aug 8, 2008, 8:12:00 AM  

It's Holly Hunter. And of course she makes NFL disappoinments sound awesome; after all, she's as close as Switzer will ever get to an Academy Award.

Anonymous said...
Aug 8, 2008, 8:20:00 AM  

Sims was on his way to a HOF career before his knee got destroyed in '84.

WFY said...
Aug 8, 2008, 10:26:00 AM  

He'll never beat Jimmy Johnson's performance on "The Shield".

BF said...
Aug 8, 2008, 10:36:00 AM  

Bill Belichick's appearance on Rescue Me was the worst thing I've ever seen.

bf, when was Jimmy on The Shield? I consider myself a pretty big fan of the best show in cable history and I don't remember this. I remember Carl Weathers but not Jimmy. THank God it's coming back in a few weeks.

GMoney said...
Aug 8, 2008, 10:45:00 AM  

Jimmy was in the cage nearly unrecogizeable with a beard and his hair unkempt. And he kept ranting "You've got the wrong guy! It was Terry!!!" IMDB says it was the season 5 episode "Man Inside".

YouTube evidence remains elusive at this time.

BF said...
Aug 8, 2008, 1:01:00 PM  

I remember Carl Weathers but not Jimmy. THank God it's coming back in a few weeks.He'll never beat Jimmy Johnson's performance on "The Shield".I give you Barry Switzer's debut acting performance on the TNT hit series "Saving Grace"....

khushi said...
Oct 7, 2008, 3:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment