ESPN Airs A Visible F-Bomb During Steve's Live Sports Center Spot Today

Thursday, August 07, 2008

You just knew something like this was going to happen at some point. I missed the video, but thanks to multiple sleuths around the Internets we have the photographic evidence. Steve was doing a live commercial right before the 8am Sports Center when the camera panned to a dry erase board that displayed the lovely f-word in all its weirdly written glory....


I'm desperately searching for the video at the moment (damn me for recording Mike and Mike in the morning....what am I thinking?), but as soon as it's found I'll put it up. Too funny. Whoever wrote that must have been hella bored and for Steve's sake, I hope that number isn't his ATM pin. According to Deadspin, ESPN has acknowledged the situation and apparently isn't happy. I'm thinking that they're going to get a ton of press online from this today, so it's not as bad as they think.

Also, this would be a good time to remind you that I'll have a running live-blog of the SC Live debut this Monday starting at 9am. There also might be a few surprises earlier than that as well, so it should be extra fun.

F-Bomb On ESPN Live Commercial (Gibbs 12)
This Is Why It's Dangerous To Shoot Live Commercial Spots (Deadspin)

10 Comments:

haha that is awesome. i hope he doesnt get axed for this i like that guy

Anonymous said...
Aug 7, 2008, 12:20:00 PM  

Like you always say AA, any press is good press.

Anonymous said...
Aug 7, 2008, 12:33:00 PM  

Why would you start the live blog at 6am, when the live SportsCenters don't start until 9?

Anonymous said...
Aug 7, 2008, 12:36:00 PM  

Because I had a mental lapse and momentarily forgot they canceled the 6-9am block.

You caught me AAHE! Bravo my friend....I'm actually proud of you. Would you like a free Friend of Bob T-Shirt?

I'm also now pretty sure you work at ESPN if you pulled that info out the air so fast. My guess is that you're just an intern, but I hope I'm wrong.

Aug 7, 2008, 12:43:00 PM  

I work for ESPN? Nope. Wrong again, aa. I'm just someone who remembers your post--from less than a month ago--when you wondered what would happen to Linda Cohn. My memory's not great. But it can go back a couple of weeks.

Anonymous said...
Aug 7, 2008, 12:57:00 PM  

Touche...I'll concede the point. What's the score now, 15-1?

Aug 7, 2008, 1:01:00 PM  

New headline-"Awful Announcing Visably Misspelles 'Visible'."

Anonymous said...
Aug 7, 2008, 1:31:00 PM  

"Anonymous Visably and Unironically misspells 'Mispelles'."

Anonymous said...
Aug 7, 2008, 1:33:00 PM  

Who says "hella"? What, are you from Nor Cal?

Anonymous said...
Aug 7, 2008, 5:43:00 PM  

Yeah, AA. Saying 'hella' is 'weak sauce.'

/who the Hell says weak sauce?

Anonymous said...
Aug 7, 2008, 6:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment