Newsday Has An Awesome Corrections Department

Saturday, July 12, 2008

An Anon commenter sent this in yesterday and it was just about the funniest thing I've seen in quite some time. He/She noted that this is everything that's wrong with the newspaper industry but I'm hoping it's just some sort of joke.


I know people in New York take their teams seriously, but that seems like a waste of ink, er web space. In the end I think it's important that our good friend Jason's allegiance has been duly noted in a major publication. The world is safe once again.

P.S.- There are still Shawn Green fans? You learn something new everyday and in this case....two things!

Thursday, Jul. 10, 2008 (Newsday)

2 Comments:

I'd be more concerned that all Yankees related articles on Newsday.com/amNY.com link to their Mets blog (and have for quite some time.) Not a big deal, just an oversight, but still a little more serious than incorrectly indicating a fan's preference.

Although I know I wouldn't want it to say that I'm a Red Sox fan in the newspaper.

And what's wrong with the newspaper industry is the timeliness of the news and the old heads running the show, not simple mistakes.

Anonymous said...
Jul 12, 2008, 1:21:00 PM  

Tony Blogs, I would add misappropriation of money (i.e., grossly underpaid staffing, not enough staffing) and refusal to adapt to that list of what's wrong with the newspaper industry.

Kyle said...
Jul 12, 2008, 2:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment