NBC's Music Lineup For The Olympics

Tuesday, July 29, 2008


I mentioned yesterday that I was curious as to what music NBC was going to be featuring for the Olympics. Thanks to reader DW....I've got the answer. Much like its over-the-top coverage that they have planned for the television side of things, NBC will feature sixteen different artists that will rotate throughout the seven networks covering the Games....

What do Nelly, Sheryl Crow, Kate Voegele, Colbie Caillat and 3 Doors Down have in common? They're among the top artists recording exclusive tracks for AT&T Team USA™ Soundtrack to inspire and support U.S. Olympic Team athletes as they pursue their dream of competing in the Olympic Games.

The music — debuting during the NBC and Telemundo broadcast of the 2008 Olympic Games — will be available during the Olympic Games right here at AT&T Team USA™ Soundtrack, and downloads will benefit Team USA. Other participating artists will be announced later, so come back August 8, 2008, to download exclusive tunes and support Team USA!
Outside of those mentioned above, you can add: Army of Me, Chris Brown, The Clique Girls, Flipsyde, Josh Kelley, Lady Antebellum, Luis Fonsi, Mere, Queen Latifah and Taylor Swift. Interesting list, but it seems like overkill to me. Most of the songs are pretty good, and seemingly inspirational, but Nelly's "Warrior" just made me laugh. Anytime you try to recreate "WAR-E-ORS!!!" call from "The Warriors", I'm going to chuckle.

AT&T Team USA Soundtrack (AT&T Bluerom)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 9:40 AM

4 Comments:

Excellent! Not a single artist that I would listen to even if I had to! When and where can I buy this album?

Anonymous said...
Jul 29, 2008, 10:14:00 AM  

james, it makes sense then putting a bunch of artists that I wouldn't listen to on a telecast that I would never watch.

GMoney said...
Jul 29, 2008, 10:44:00 AM  

Excellent point, gmoney.

Anonymous said...
Jul 29, 2008, 1:41:00 PM  

"Anytime you try to recreate "WAR-E-ORS!!!" call from "The Warriors", I'm going to chuckle."

The intro to 'Flava In Ya Ear' blows away that weak sauce from Nelly. It was like Skip Bayless wrote that Nelly song.

Anonymous said...
Jul 29, 2008, 11:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment