ESPN's Celebrity All-Star Lineups Announced!

Wednesday, July 09, 2008


Yes! I love when information surrounding "celebrity" games comes out. It's such a random collection of people and you can almost make out the bad jokes and terrible interactions ahead of time. Well lucky for us this year is no different. I give you the 2008 Taco Bell Legends and Celebrity Softball Game participants....

Celebrities scheduled to participate include Chris Rock, Billy Crystal, Whoopi Goldberg, Spike Lee, Andy Roddick, George Lopez and James Denton; legends include Hall of Famers Ernie Banks, Wade Boggs, George Brett, Goose Gossage, Ozzie Smith, Dave Winfield and more, along with Yankees legends Tino Martinez and Paul O’Neill. Kenny Mayne (miked during the game) will participate as a player/manager, with Gary Thorne (play-by-play), analyst Rick Sutcliffe and reporter Erin Andrews.
You know what? That's not a half bad group of people. Well, if you get rid of Billy Crystal. Also, it'll be interesting to see if Rick Sutcliffe keeps his eyes on the action as opposed to EA's dress choice. Good times! The action gets underway after the Home Run Derby (more info coming on this in the next post) next Monday.

(Via ESPN PR)

8 Comments:

Hey, that's not fair, Billy Crystal played in the bigs this year!

GMoney said...
Jul 9, 2008, 4:16:00 PM  

I'm not sure when they're going to actually air it (maybe, as you say, Monday), but the Celebrity game is played after the Futures Game on Sunday afternoon.

Vegas Watch said...
Jul 9, 2008, 4:26:00 PM  

Yeah they air it later VW.

Jul 9, 2008, 4:39:00 PM  

The Celebrity game isn't aired live? My entire world is crushed.

Vegas Watch said...
Jul 9, 2008, 4:53:00 PM  

This game is bigger than the Super Bowl, NBA Finals, Stanley Cup finals, and the World Series combined.

Anonymous said...
Jul 9, 2008, 6:28:00 PM  

Bad timing on my family vacation has now made me miss my opportunity to go to the All Star Game, the Home Run Derby, and now this.

I think I'm most torn up about this.

/everything after my first paragraph is a total lie

Zak said...
Jul 9, 2008, 7:41:00 PM  

I am so over these "celeb" games. They got old after MTV started airing those insipid basketball games.
I feel the same about the Home Run Derby.

UnHoly Diver said...
Jul 9, 2008, 10:28:00 PM  

Personally I always get a kick out of this game ... and I'm psyched that Tino and Paulie are playing!

Anonymous said...
Jul 10, 2008, 3:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment