Mike Breen Closes Out A Crazy Game Two In Style

Monday, June 09, 2008

I've become a huge Mike Breen fan over the past year or so and I thought the lead had yet another great game yesterday. His line about Cassell passing twice "already!" cracked me up and the guy does a great job babysitting for his wacky analysts.

With all that said, he still forgot where he was at the end of the game last night and I had to post the video....



Mistakes happen but it always amazes me how in the same statement you could say "Staples Center" and "now the Series shifts to L.A.". Also ESPN's live shot of the Staples Center late in the fourth quarter could have confused him just a bit. I think everyone wants to be in L.A. this time of year.

5 Comments:

Speaking of confused broadcasters, Dick Vitale was on ESPN radio this morning and more than once commented on the "two games in LA" that are upcoming and how if the Lakers can win those, "then they come back to Boston" and hava a chance there, too. It never ceases to amaze me when a paid TV analyst -- who in this instance was being asked about his opinions on the series -- doesn't know the most basic facts, such as the series format (2-3-2).

J Money said...
Jun 9, 2008, 11:09:00 AM  

AA- this is a bit off topic but i was away for a week and was looking through the old posts and saw your one on Chris Bosh and I totally agree with you. Don't know if you know this but last week on Family Feud it was NBA Stars v. their mom's and Bosh was one of the stars and he made me laugh at least twice per show usually from being overly serious but now that I think about it I think he was trying to be funny. If you can find the clips, it'd be worth it. The other stars were Grant Hill, Dwight Howard, Cuttino Mobely, David Lee and Richard Jefferson, by the way.

Doug the Punter said...
Jun 9, 2008, 11:22:00 AM  

doug, God I can't believe I'm saying this, but that was a re-run...it aired over a year ago.

Mike Breen was hoping that by saying that he wasn't in Boston, it may come true.

GMoney said...
Jun 9, 2008, 11:31:00 AM  

gmoney- i assumed it was a new because Grant Hill's mom was wearing a Suns jersey and figured that it was probably from this off-season. Regardless it couldn't have been over a year old since Hill signed with Phoenix in July 2007. But it certainly could be almost a year old but that's just meaningless semantics i guess... Maybe the Feud brought back the same players as they had last year?

Doug the Punter said...
Jun 9, 2008, 12:31:00 PM  

It's one of those things you completely pass-over (if you haven't already turned off the set). Excellent catch! I love it when we catch those little errors.

Anonymous said...
Jun 9, 2008, 1:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment