HBO To Re-Air "Jim McKay: My World In My Words"

Monday, June 09, 2008


I was looking for clips from this special that aired in 2003 over the weekend but couldn't find any on the tubes. Lucky for you and I, HBO is going to re-air the Emmy award winning special "Jim McKay: My World In My Words" this Thursday, June 12th at 7pm.

As I remember it was just McKay talking about his personal life and his experiences in and around Sports. The one thing that stuck out to me was his bout with anxiety and his recovery from it in the early 70s. It also highlights his name change (once Jim McManus), his wife's negotiations of his contracts and dealing with his son as his boss.

It's a great look into a great man written and directed by himself. Be sure to check it out if you've got an hour. It's also airing Sunday, June 15 at 11:30 a.m. (Father’s Day) on HBO; and Monday, June 16 at 11:55 p.m. on HBO2.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 4:00 PM

2 Comments:

Tony Soprano once dealt with panic attacks, too.

GMoney said...
Jun 9, 2008, 4:22:00 PM  

Not quite the same as an autobiography, but there is a very, VERY long interview (almost 3 hrs!) with him at the Archive of American Television here:

http://tvinterviewsarchive.blogspot.com/2008/06/
sportscaster-jim-mckay-has-died.html

All the Munich stuff is in Part 4 and starts around 10:45 and lasts through the rest of the segment. The interview was conducted in 1998.

Anonymous said...
Jun 9, 2008, 11:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment