Bradshaw Not Planning On Retiring In 2011 Anymore

Monday, June 30, 2008


All the way back in January, I passed on word that Terry Bradshaw was all set to retire in 2011 when his contract was up with FOX. Well today Bradshaw is saying that isn't the case and that he plans on working as long as he can. Via New York Daily News....

Bradshaw said he would retire when his Fox "NFL Sunday" contract expires. "I see the energy and the enthusiasm these young guys (who get into broadcasting) have and I think it's time to hang it up," Bradshaw said.

Now, with some down time, and a chance to reflect while distancing himself from the regular-season grind, Bradshaw has changed his mind.

"I'm going to do it (the Fox pregame) as long as I can. I don't want to retire," Bradshaw told me. "I just see too many people retire and say, ‘I'm going to take off, travel, spend time with my family' and they are just miserable. They end up dying. People who work and stay active, and like what they are doing, live longer. I look forward to doing the show."
I used to be very anti-Bradshaw for the longest time but I've come around on him much like I have with Bill Walton. I still think Terry overplays the "dumb southerner" thing, and at times it's a huge distraction, but the guy just love Football and you can't hate him for that. Hopefully we get him and Howie to call another Bowl Game this season as well. Something he did extremely well for FOX in the 2006-2007 Season.

Retirement no longer in plans for Fox's Terry Bradshaw (New York Daily News)
Bradshaw Set To Retire (Don't Worry It's Not Until 2011) (Awful Announcing)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 11:25 AM

3 Comments:

Great news. I can think of several NFL analysts that I'd like to see retire ASAP, but Terry Bradshaw is not one of them. He's knowledgeable and insightful, but he doesn't mind cutting up and making the viewer (and his co-workers) laugh out loud.

I just hope that Strahan doesn't mess things up on Fox NFL Sunday. Terry, Howie, and Jimmy are my favorite set of studio analysts: they know their football, they're personable, and they've got great chemistry.

Anonymous said...
Jun 30, 2008, 11:47:00 AM  

Guess the Steriods have finally kicked in...

BF said...
Jun 30, 2008, 1:11:00 PM  

How about cutting down on the divorce references, T-Bone?

GMoney said...
Jun 30, 2008, 1:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment