Your Quote Of The Night By None Other Than Joe Morgan

Thursday, April 10, 2008


I've been furiously searching for video of this (why the hell was I watching the Zards-Celts?!?), but according to about a thousand (give or take) emailers, Joe Morgan decided to talk race tonight. Whenever someone goes there you just knoooooow it's going to be good.

Morgan was talking about Jose Reyes and mentioned that he comes from a more entertaining culture. He then decided to drop this on the viewing audience...

"I'm an African-American, we have a little bit more flash." - Joe Morgan
Ah yes Joe, let's start making racial comments. How about the fact that white players are boring and slow? What about the extra muscle that African-Americans are supposed to have??? Good lord this man needs to be stopped. It's not that it's overly racist or THAT controversial, it's just stupid to even bring up. Imagine for one second that Steve Phillips said that. How crazy would the Sports World be in the morning? But since Morgan said it....this is probably the only place you'll see it.

If anyone has video let me know....you will rewarded handsomely.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 12:09 AM

14 Comments:

I wouldn't call his comments "racial" more like sterotyping but it sounds like he was trying to be funny.

Anonymous said...
Apr 10, 2008, 12:34:00 AM  

don't forget him also guaranteeing that kyle kendrick would pitch well tonight...

2 1/3 innings, 7 runs, 6 walks

Anonymous said...
Apr 10, 2008, 12:42:00 AM  

"(why the hell was a watching the Zards-Celts?!?)"
I think you know why...
http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/2008/04/gilbert-is-fing-back-first-hand-account.html

MarkCiz said...
Apr 10, 2008, 1:22:00 AM  

Black people in general have more flash. Why do you think white people love black people and culture so much? Why do white people get tans? Why do white woman want someone who is tall and dark and handsome? Why do white people buy 80% of hiphop? Why has white people always stolen culture and everything else from black people for the last 500 years? Should I go on? I LOVE JOE MORGAN. AND IM WHITE!!!!

madnice said...
Apr 10, 2008, 8:21:00 AM  

And I love the race card. It should be played everyday because white people hate it. In the immortal words of the great Mike Francesa: The white man just cant catch a break anymore. That fat fuck as mad millions of dollars for years talking sports he can and has never played.

madnice said...
Apr 10, 2008, 8:22:00 AM  

Ever since Bill Clinton took office and political correctness became part of American culture, it appears more blacks have taken PC to mean, "I can utter more stupid stuff than white people because I know I can get away with it."

And what's with this African-American? Do you want to return to the motherland? If so, go. You're an American Joe, period.

I'm Italian and I don't refer to myself as Italian-American, I'm simply an American.

Anonymous said...
Apr 10, 2008, 10:28:00 AM  

On the same line, Joe:

I'm a white guy, I'm responsible with my debt payment.

GMoney said...
Apr 10, 2008, 10:37:00 AM  

Bernard Hopkins recent "I'll never let a white boy beat me" quote hardly generated any buzz, any uproar. Had Calzaghe said "I'll never let a black boy beat me" there would have been a major uproar.

Just how it is I guess.

Anonymous said...
Apr 10, 2008, 12:30:00 PM  

totally unrelated, but funny. The NY Mets get "rickrolled" during their home opener:

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/149021/New-York-Mets-Get-RickRolled.html

Anonymous said...
Apr 10, 2008, 1:18:00 PM  

"I'm an Italian-American, we have a little bit more success at math and speaking English and can finish high school without going to jail three or four times."

Howz that Joe?

E Buzz said...
Apr 10, 2008, 1:59:00 PM  

hey madnice do you visit mikefrancesa.com?

Anonymous said...
Apr 10, 2008, 6:49:00 PM  

hey anonymous of course. hes the best. i listen to him and wfan every day. everyone should. except for lori.

madnice said...
Apr 11, 2008, 1:25:00 PM  

I'm happy to see Morgan can put a sentence together without mentioning the Reds.

CowboyJoe said...
Apr 12, 2008, 12:00:00 PM  

This is good news for "Joe" haters, like me. Now he's one quote closer to being put out to pasture.

Monty said...
Apr 12, 2008, 8:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment