Who's Looking Forward To Tonight?

Sunday, April 13, 2008

(posted by One More Dying Quail)

We're less than seven hours away from the award-winning production that is Joe Morgan and ESPN Sunday Night Baseball, and Fire Joe Morgan's Ken Tremendous has a little something to whet our whistles:

I Have Good News and Bad News

Arguably the best line: "Just swallowed my computer again accidentally. I am typing this with my epiglottis."

I'm always a little nervous heading into Sunday Night Baseball; what if Joe and Jon don't say anything worthy of criticism (and today is sort of my own personal "ESPN SNB Opening Day")? Then I turn it on, somebody says something silly, and the scared feeling goes away.

(That magnificent photo comes from Surviving Grady)

7 Comments:

Dude, it's Joe Freaking Morgan. Of course he'll say something worth criticizing.

UnHoly Diver said...
Apr 13, 2008, 1:52:00 PM  

Fear not, OMDQ. You will certainly have your pick of what comments to criticize. They make ridiculous comments about as easily as i breathe.

Anonymous said...
Apr 13, 2008, 2:04:00 PM  

It's not that I truly fear a lack of usable material. But, like that JoeChat from FJM...what if, suddenly, I find myself listening to Vin Scully and Jack Buck?

It's a terrifying possibility.

Apr 13, 2008, 2:36:00 PM  

this has nothing to do with joe morgan but on the pba skills challenge on espn right now there was a line under walter ray williams jr that said "must convert to stay alive." if he doesn't convert the split, barnes gets to crush his skull for $10,000.

Michael said...
Apr 13, 2008, 3:56:00 PM  

not related to the broadcast itself, but related to the matchup...you can tell the hype for this rivalry has gone out of control when SportsCenter is conducting a live phone interview with the dude who buried a David Ortiz jersey underneath the clubhouse at the construction site of the new Yankee Stadium--in Segment One noless...

Anonymous said...
Apr 13, 2008, 6:12:00 PM  

Jeff Van Gundy: "If I wanted to be a big scorer in the NBA, I'd wear a sleeve. Iverson wears one. Kobe does, too. The key to scoring in the NBA has to be the sleeve."

???

I might be off-base, but the Breen/Van Gundy/Jackson combo is trying desperately to catch up to Jon & Joe (although they've got work to do).

Apr 13, 2008, 6:20:00 PM  

Am I the only one who wishes we didn't have to deal with Chris Berman during football season AND baseball season? (Same goes for Joe Buck)

It's sheer torture.

Anonymous said...
Apr 13, 2008, 7:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment