FOX's Eric Byrnes Live Chats About Broadcasting, Steroids And "The Haters" (Blogs)

Wednesday, April 02, 2008


Before we get into this post I want to make a few things clear. One, I like Eric Byrnes. I'll admit it. I think he's a fun loving, honest guy and he brings something to a normally boring FOX telecast. Second, with only 90 people in a chat that no one knew about.....some (or a lot) of the questions he got came from me. With that said. Let's get into it....

The chat was alerted to me by none other than The Maj (I have no idea how he's so many places at once) at around 6pm and the "chat" started soon after that. Apparently these live event are something that a site called Live Video puts on often. Steve Nash has been on there before and the stars seem to love it. They can, or in Byrnes case are supposed to be able to, see the people chatting and respond to the webcam questions. Very meta!

After a bunch of technological failures Eric abandoned his video capabilities and just started answering the streaming chat questions. Here are the highlights....

On Cancer:
“It’s hard not to take it hard.”

His Friends on the Yankees:
Jason Giambi and Johnny Damon

On the Diamondbacks:
“Yes I believe we can win the World Series. I think we’re as good as any other team in Baseball.”

Awkward Moment:
“What’s awkward is sitting here with you guys.”

On his mind drifting in the Outfield:
“Of course it does. It’s crazy when you've got a lot of stuff going. If you’re too focused on the game it becomes too intense. I like to have fun with the fans out in the outfield.”

On Mascots:
“The mascot is a lost art.”

On Steroids and HGH:
“Your dome grows to a certain large amount. I was never into my package shrinking. I wanna keep my lettuce here.”

On the Minors shaping his work ethic:
“I was lifting sofa cushions to go to Taco Bell.”

On his upcoming season with FOX Sports:
"I'll be doing a ton of stuff for FOX, once every six...excuse me month. I'll be doing these skits for the National Game of the Week."

And finally.....Blogs ("the haters"...my term as asked in the question)



Not a bad showing from FOX's Special Correspondent (I don't know what else to call him). Good times and extra special thanks to The Maj for pointing me towards this event. It find it funny that Eric Byrnes refers to blogging in a different light than what he is doing here, but like he said.....yay for free speech!

You count this as one "hater" that enjoys you Byrnesie (or Burnsie?).

Hustle! With Eric Byrnes (Live Video)

3 Comments:

Admit it, you're CoolGuy06.

twoeightnine said...
Apr 2, 2008, 9:42:00 AM  

Ha...I wish. That guy was a stud. Hitting on Gina and all. No I made sure my name wasn't on the screen when I took that grab.

Apr 2, 2008, 9:52:00 AM  

I don't like him, he's annoying. Boooooo-yrnes???

GMoney said...
Apr 2, 2008, 10:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment