Could The Next Knicks Coach Be An ESPN/ABC Analyst?

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Just thought I'd pass along this quick note regarding the New York Knicks. Based on a statement just made by Greg Anthony on ESPN, the Knicks might be heavily considering ABC's Mark Jackson to replace the much maligned Isiah Thomas as Coach.

"I think Mark would make a great coach and if I were Donnie Walsh, and I've talked to Donnie Walsh, and I know that he's high on their list. I think that's the way you go because I think that there's still a tremendous amount of passion within that organization and fan base, and they're looking for something positive to happen. I think hiring Mark Jackson as Coach should be the first thing on the agenda if I were Donnie Walsh."- Greg Anthony
Considering the fact that Jackson is a New York guy it's really not a bad idea. He was born there, went to College there, and the better part of his NBA career was spent there. It would also save me the headache of having to listen to him call games on the weekend, which would be a welcome change.

The main problem with this decision would be Mark Jackson's experience, but with the Knicks as bad as they are they need to save the fans before they even think about making the Playoffs. You have my blessing Knicks, now please fire Isiah and get Jackson off the airwaves. It's a win-win for everyone.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 1:00 PM

2 Comments:

I'm not done seeing the Knicks suck, so obviously I'm all for having Isiah stay on. I know we bitch a lot about him but he is a guy we love to hate, and if anything I've come to depend on hearing about "bat-shit" crazy Isiah Thomas.

"Isiah didn't call a timeout while the Knicks sucked balls to the tune of a 21-0 run by the (Insert ANY team)? Awesome."

It made my day better to know that I could possibly be an NBA head coach with the credentials I have right now...which are none. But if the Knicks are dead set on getting a new coach, and factoring in I still want them to suck, I have to suggest to bring back the best coach they have ever had.

Jeff Van Gundy!! He could latch onto Eddy Curry's knee should Eddy get into a fight, although carrying another human being might be bad for Curry's heart.

(rim shot)

Anonymous said...
Apr 16, 2008, 1:19:00 PM  

Mark Jackson is also an analyst for the NJ Nets with Marv Albert. I know weird. A former Knick and the voice of the Knicks doing Nets games. As a Nets fan it never felt right.

Anonymous said...
Apr 17, 2008, 12:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment