Time To Celebrate St. Louis, Joe Buck Is Done With Calling Cardinals Games

Tuesday, March 04, 2008


Stating that he only wanted to focus on his FOX duties, Joe Buck is leaving his first love...the St. Louis Cardinals. Via SMJ....

“It’s nothing more than it feels like it’s time to make that change and to concentrate on some other things and basically go to Cardinals games as a fan,” he said Monday night. “I’m a fan, and I love to go down there with my wife and two daughters. The fun of that now is more appealing than anything to me.”
This has to be excellent news for a Cardinals fan. All we need now is for him to say he's leaving FOX to concentrate on that Talk Show of his. Seriously...where is that show? I need something to make fun of.

Joe Buck to Concentrate Solely on Fox Duties (Sports Media Journal)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 11:03 AM

10 Comments:

Go figure, Buck isn't man enough to sire a boy.

GMoney said...
Mar 4, 2008, 11:17:00 AM  

I was really worried about how this would affect Joe Buck.

E Buzz said...
Mar 4, 2008, 11:21:00 AM  

Brian,

Thanks for the link. I can't take credit for the story. It was reported by Dan Caesar at the St. Louis Post Dispatch.

Keith T. Sports Media Journal

Anonymous said...
Mar 4, 2008, 11:27:00 AM  

I grew up listening to his old man and Harry Caray doing the games, so I'm probably prejudiced, but I'd rather have Joe call the games than Dan McLaughlin or Jay Randolph, Sr. He's also the only guy I know of that can reign in Al Hrabosky.

UnHoly Diver said...
Mar 4, 2008, 11:54:00 AM  

My list of reasons to hate the Cardinals is now down to only 2,451.

Anonymous said...
Mar 4, 2008, 12:00:00 PM  

he left out: "concentrate on my career as an actor in television commercials and focus more on providing play by play for activities more appropriate to my announcing style such as watching paint dry and grass grow".

Mal said...
Mar 4, 2008, 12:27:00 PM  

Congratulations St. Louis, and thanks for helping Joe Buck infect the rest of the nation with his inane 'broadcasting'.

Unknown said...
Mar 4, 2008, 2:08:00 PM  

Didn't Buck only call, like, four Cardinals games a year anyway?

Unknown said...
Mar 4, 2008, 4:10:00 PM  

This will allow him to camp out on Brett Favre's lawn and beg Favre to come back.

Anonymous said...
Mar 4, 2008, 8:34:00 PM  

Joe does not have his father's "man of the people" touch that made Jack Buck a legit St. Louis legend. Joe Buck comes off as haughty and unapproachable on the air.
Plus, every time I see him, all I can think of is Niles Crane from "Frasier".

Anonymous said...
Mar 5, 2008, 5:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment