Now This Is How You Start March!

Saturday, March 01, 2008

I'm an admitted Big East hater, but this was a hell of a game. With only three minutes left on the clock Pittsburgh was down 11 points. Somehow they came back and had a chance to take the lead with 15 seconds left on the clock. Brown takes a terrible shot off the side of the basket and it's Syracuse's ball.

That's when the fun starts.....



Stupid technically by Boeheim, four Fields FTs later, and Pitt pulls off the amazing comeback and assures themselves a Tournament bid. Syracuse on the other hand might have just thrown their bid out the window with a loss at home.

Add NC State choking up 10 on Duke and Gus Johnson and Clark Kellogg on right now.....March is upon us! I couldn't be happier.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 2:28 PM

7 Comments:

I really think it's time for Boeheim to retire. As for 'Cuse.....I'm not even sure if they're going to make it to the NIT the way they play.

And yes AA, helluva finish, and great commentary by Sean McDonough.

TJX said...
Mar 1, 2008, 3:19:00 PM  

Syracuse was up big-time and I saw Duke was losing. Looks like I picked the wrong game. Thanks for posting this video of it, since NC State blew it.

Anonymous said...
Mar 1, 2008, 3:35:00 PM  

Yeah I almost did the same thing Anon but I switched over just at the right time.

Mar 1, 2008, 3:38:00 PM  

One of my friends sent me an IM this afternoon: "I really believe the players play to Gus Johnson's intensity level."

Greatest time of year.

MDT said...
Mar 1, 2008, 4:35:00 PM  

Someone needs to post the Georgetown-Marquette game on YouTube. Gus is the freaking man

Anonymous said...
Mar 1, 2008, 4:35:00 PM  

Oh the Gus highlights are coming my friends. "BUCKLE UP"!

Mar 1, 2008, 4:41:00 PM  

Digger Phelps has Syracuse in the tournament, he also has the entire Big East in.

Anonymous said...
Mar 2, 2008, 6:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment