I Never Thought I Would Be Able To Turn Down A Free Trip To Vegas

Friday, March 07, 2008

Saw this ad the other night and I seriously said to myself, "Would you even go if you won that trip?" I then took a step back and thought, "How the hell can you turn down a free trip to Vegas?" Well it's for one simple reason....Stuart Scott.



Two things. First, real men don't drink Coors Light (sorry). Second, this is like the South Park "Time Share" episode. It makes me think you have to go to this event and every time you try and leave some ESPN minions just dump you back in the auditorium. I might be able to take that if Howie Schwab doesn't subsequently challenge me to a race on K-13.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 10:31 AM

8 Comments:

I bet Tanya Roberts is involved somehow.

GMoney said...
Mar 7, 2008, 10:46:00 AM  

I'm not the biggest Stu Scott fan out there, but this is the kind of thing he can do. A couple of years ago, I was on "Stump the Schwab", and I was all set to hate him, but he was actually aiight. My fist-pound with Stu after elimination was a highlight. That, and after he found out I went to Duke, I asked him where he went to school (edited from broadcast). He actually went to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - who knew?

Anonymous said...
Mar 7, 2008, 11:14:00 AM  

Unrelated, but I am watching ESPNews to get some UCLA/Stanford highlights, since I fricking went to bed with 5 minutes left, and guess what's there today? You guessed it! A "Bracketology" section on the Bottom Line! That's right. There's a Bottom Line section dedicated to them hypothesizing about which four teams, in their OPINION, are on the bubble for the tournament. That's ridiculous, even for ESPN. Speculating on speculation.

J.J. said...
Mar 7, 2008, 11:17:00 AM  

Stan Marsh! Stan Marsh is a DARSH!

Kyle said...
Mar 7, 2008, 12:00:00 PM  

VEGAS IS CALLING!!!!!!

Anonymous said...
Mar 7, 2008, 12:55:00 PM  

The Leader is good, the Leader is great. I relinquish my will as of this date. The Leader is good, the Leader is great. I relinquish my will as of this date. The Leader...

Anonymous said...
Mar 7, 2008, 1:02:00 PM  

Nah nah nah nah nah nah LEADER! Nah nah nah nah nah nah LEADER!

Kyle said...
Mar 7, 2008, 1:40:00 PM  

Of course, but how much does this free weekend cost?

GMoney said...
Mar 7, 2008, 3:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment