Golf Analyst David Feherty Hit By Truck

Saturday, March 15, 2008

In my lifetime I've actually been hit by two cars while running. Both were at slow speeds and the only thing injured were the cars when I kicked the s**t out of them. Obviously neither of those incidents resulted in multiple broken ribs and a punctured lung.....

Golf analyst David Feherty broke three ribs and punctured his lung when he was hit by a truck while riding his bicycle near his home in Dallas. He expects to be fully recovered in time for the Masters.

Feherty said Friday he was returning from his morning bicycle ride a day earlier when a truck hauling irrigation equipment pinched him into the curb and he was struck by the side mirror.

"He didn't want to hit the car on the left, so he ran over the cyclist on the right," Feherty said. "I don't remember a whole lot about it. There was a lady on the scene quickly, keeping me conscious. The next thing I know, I'm at Baylor Medical Center, the only hospital in the United States that doesn't have The Golf Channel."

He then asked who was leading the Arnold Palmer Invitational.
I rather enjoy Feherty's goofiness on usually rather dull telecasts, so hopefully he gets well soon.

Golf analyst David Feherty struck on bike by truck, breaks three ribs (Canadian Press)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 9:45 AM

2 Comments:

Feherty is the best, his quips in the Tiger Woods games are priceless

GMoney said...
Mar 15, 2008, 10:00:00 AM  

I hope Mr. Feherty makes a full recovery, but I absolutely hate driving around people on bicycles. This sort of situation is why.

Anonymous said...
Mar 15, 2008, 12:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment