Bobby Knight Gives Himself A New Job Title (He Also Hates Ties)

Wednesday, March 19, 2008


He already tried to pull this off on air last week, but Bob Knight is doing everything he can to not be called a member of the media. He's even given himself a title for those in the real media to call him....

"Here's how I handle that: I just simply say I am a media consultant," Knight said of his ESPN gig talking basketball with Digger Phelps and Jay Bilas -- a job for which he has been outfitted with a rainbow of sweaters with the ESPN logo.

"I told 'em, 'I'm not going to wear a coat and tie. If you want me to do this, that's the first condition.' This is sports. It isn't the Supreme Court."
Interesting title isn't it? And while I agree with him on the suit and tie thing, I can already tell that I'm tired of his schtick. But that's just me....hopefully his analysis will outweigh his personality this week.

Breakfast with Bob Knight: Humble pie isn't on menu (LA Times)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 10:16 AM

2 Comments:

"I will not wear a suit and tie but feel free to tattoo the ESPN logo all over me instead."--The General

GMoney said...
Mar 19, 2008, 12:15:00 PM  

His 'I'm a rebel! I'm not 'media'' deal is old and tired already.

Look, Bobby, when you start cashing a check from ESPN, you've sold your soul and you are, indeed, media.

Get over yourself already.

Anonymous said...
Mar 19, 2008, 11:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment