Your Super Bowl (As Told By Emmitt Smith)

Monday, February 04, 2008

I watched the better part of the late edition of Sports Center, and between Sean Salisbury spitting on people (he nailed Emmitt at one point), and hearing the phrase "punch them in the face/mouth" about 100 times....I was done for the evening.

But not before pulling all of the Emmitt clips and turning them into one great video that describes this Giants upset better than anything out there. Enjoy!



I/We have a lot of fun with Emmitt, but like I've said before...I don't think he's all that bad. He starts along this path of making a perfect point and one word or phrase just trips him up. I know what he wants to say and I'm almost rooting for him to get it right.

He's just not live TV material at the moment and this collection of clips illustrates that pretty well. I'm not sure he'll be back or not, but let's hope he doesn't get "debacled" in the offseason and that we can "tilt our caps" to him again for years to come.

Thanks for a great NFL Season Emmitt!

(Firefox isn't playing videos for me for some reason. It works in IE if you want to watch.)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 2:45 PM

12 Comments:

If anyone else uses Firefox let me know if you can view that. I can't view any vids within it for some reason.

Feb 4, 2008, 3:24:00 PM  

why DOES salisbury say "punched in the mouth" so much? did he hear it like 3 years ago and thought it was the most amazing metaphor ever?

Anonymous said...
Feb 4, 2008, 3:37:00 PM  

At least he got LL Cool J right this time.

Video works on my firefox.

Anonymous said...
Feb 4, 2008, 3:52:00 PM  

the STRENFTH

there's an F in strength now? or is that only for Emmitt?

Anonymous said...
Feb 4, 2008, 3:54:00 PM  

Okay good...thanks Anon. I had about 14 more clips with words like "Strengfth" but I thought it would have been overkill.

God I love him.

Feb 4, 2008, 3:57:00 PM  

We have a lot of fun with Emmitt, but like I've said before...I don't think he's all that bad. He starts along this path of making a perfect point and one word or phrase just trips him up. I know what he wants to say and I'm almost rooting for him to get it right.


You're just dying to pin a "Participant" ribbon on him, aren't you?

MDT said...
Feb 4, 2008, 4:10:00 PM  

Ha...I guess you could say it that way. There's a difference between him in the beginning of the season and now. You can tell he's actually trying, but still failing.

Feb 4, 2008, 4:16:00 PM  

black guys can't tip their cap because taht shows too much respect so now they just 'tilt' them.

Anonymous said...
Feb 4, 2008, 4:53:00 PM  

Why hasn't anyone put Darrell Green on TV yet? He's personable and has to be smarter than Shannon Sharpe, Emmitt Smiff, or Tiki.

GMoney said...
Feb 4, 2008, 5:31:00 PM  

What is a Sears Role?

I say that we chance "punch them in the mouth" to "kicking the living shit out of Sean Salisbury". Was he sucking on a red Otter Pop last night? WTF was up with his red face?

These same assholes were talking UP the goddamn Pastry defense, good Lord...

Hey AA, is there any way for you to get grabs of those knuckleheads talking shit on the Giants before the game? I wanted to go back to the tape after the game to see how wrong they were, and how much they would whitewash their predictions/slams.

Anonymous said...
Feb 4, 2008, 5:43:00 PM  

Why are you using google now ? Youtube is better

Feb 4, 2008, 6:17:00 PM  

Emmitt Smith, call your office. Stephen A.'s attorney has called. Something about your career as a broadcaster being "debacled".

Mal said...
Feb 5, 2008, 4:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment